Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Communications Manager, Cybersecurity (Hybrid)
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re searching for our next Cybersecurity Senior Communications Manager – a proven writer and executive communications lead to serve as the primary speechwriter for government executives. Experience in energy and cybersecurity sectors is a must.
You'll lead our communications team and work closely with government executives to draft speeches, remarks, talking points, prep and staff media interviews, and lead other executive communications needs. You’ll also work closely with client account leads to embed strategy and analytics in our programs and coach and mentor our communications team to success.
- Develop executive communications including overseeing media relations, engagement opportunities, public outreach and engagement, creative and materials development (speeches, testimony, presentations, talking points, etc.) for government leaders
- Develop and execute strategic communications plans
- Employ the full range of communications tools including digital, social, visual, presentations, and written remarks
- Coordinate with senior government officials, subject matter experts, technical experts, and industry thought leaders on energy and cybersecurity communications materials
- Provide subject matter expertise and thought leadership in the area of communications, media outreach, and messaging
- Effectively organize and communicate ideas for maximum impact when writing, presenting, or speaking. Identify and seek to solve operational barriers and facilitate teamwork across the organization
- Be a people developer, coaching and mentoring younger team members to develop their professional skills
- Work across a team of communicators, creatives, and strategists to ensure projects are aligned, reduce redundancies, and are delivered on time and accurately
- Drive organic business growth, including proposal development
- 8+ years of experience in communications, specifically experience in energy and cybersecurity
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Must be a U.S. citizen (required by federal government for the position)
- Demonstrated leadership role in the delivery of executive communications and speechwriting for senior government officials
- Experience working directly with clients in highly-regulated industries to build social media, communications, and marketing strategies and plans
- Must be able to obtain a public trust clearance
- Q Clearance a plus, but not required
- Experience pitching media and staffing interviews
- Experience managing junior staff and/or directing support staff
- Ability to give and receive positive and negative feedback to/from junior employees, creative team members, client account leads, and clients
- Ability to listen and communicate in a clear and compelling way in both verbal and written forms
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing deadlines
- Ability to foster creativity and turn insights and conversations into ideas
Job Location(s): This position is onsite two days per week at the Department of Energy headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Client Office (DC88)