Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Climate Project Management Expert
About the projects
ICF is working on several large scale, multi-stakeholder climate engagement and communication projects that demand familiarity with current networks, trends and developments in various stakeholders’ climate actions and initiatives, and a basic understanding of the overall climate policy context, of climate narratives and the concept of behaviour change linked to climate engagement.
The projects are funded by public funds and implemented in close collaboration with the EU institutions.
About the Position
The Senior Climate Project Management Expert is responsible for the management of one or several of these multistakeholder projects. We look for candidates with sound project management expertise combined with climate engagement background and experience.
Roles and responsibilities include, among others, the following activities:
- Coordinating and leading the project management team in the implementation of complex multistakeholder projects;
- Managing sub-contractors participation in the projects from the financial and contractual side;
- Establishing and managing the financial, contractual, monitoring and evaluation and reporting procedures and assuring high quality is met throughout project delivery;
- Managing the day-to-day client engagement;
- Ensuring a continuous uninterrupted service, rapid response and timely availability of specific expertise required to cover services;
- Ensuring compliance with standards such as GDPR, Quality Assurance and Risk Management;
- Working closely with the operational teams to ensure smooth project delivery;
- Working closely with team members from the climate engagement and communication teams ensuring coordination among all colleagues involved;
- Supporting the strategic leads and project directors by adjusting the operations to strategic priorities and to the Key Performance Indicators.
Qualifications and skills
- University degree in a discipline relevant to the scope of the assignment such as social sciences/behavioral sciences, climate sciences/environmental sciences, geography, EU policy, environmental policy equivalent; Master’s degree will be an asset;
- At least 5 years of professional experience working with consultancies, governments, or businesses in comparable project management roles;
- Knowledge of, and experience working on contracts for the European Commission;
- Knowledge of EU affairs, and professional experience working with EU institutions and procedures, in particular related to service contracts, project budget, quality control, risk management and reporting will be a strong asset;
- Fluency in English.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
Belgium Client Office (BE88)