Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Business Consultant, Organizational Design and Change Management
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring for an Organizational Design and Change Management Senior Manager.
What we are looking for:
We hope to hire an experienced consultant to act as a trusted advisor, leading clients and teams focusing on organizational design, process design, organizational development and change management. Our clients are cross industry, but often lead communications, marketing and government affairs functions. This role will require a good understanding of capabilities and operations in those functions.
We look for solution-oriented leaders who have strong experience solving difficult client issues and working in matrixed client environments. Our leaders should be focused on client excellence, but also on team excellence. This means the continuous improvement of themselves and others they lead, and honing a leadership style that builds strong, collaborative teams.
As an Organizational Design and Change Management Senior Manager you will:
Advise clients and build client relationships
- With the help of a Partner or Senior Director, act as an advisor to your client, building trust in all interactions and growing client relationships.
- Spend time on relationship development with non-active clients.
- In meetings and beyond, have comfort and success making strategic recommendations to clients based on understanding business needs, data analysis and subject matter expertise.
- Lead client interactions including email, calls and workshops.
- With approval from Partner or Senior Director, draft the strategy and planning for client accounts.
- Look for opportunities to offer new solutions to your clients and to suggest new service areas.
- Oversee team to write, and also personally author, new business proposals and contracts for your clients.
- Positively manage client expectations and understanding around timelines, work products and scope.
Oversee organizational design, assessment and change management client accounts
- Lead the client team to consolidate research inputs and present recommendations for client’s organizational improvement and/or change management plans (e.g. training, new processes, new org design).
- Lead project tool strategy and quality for assessment activities including approving survey design and interview guides, plus conducting stakeholder interviews.
- In efficiency projects, lead approach to review of client financials to look for opportunities for better impact in planned spending.
- With some participation from a Senior Director or Partner, lead client meetings and presentations on a regular basis. Also, appropriately coach and give opportunities to your other team and workstream leads for presentation opportunities.
- Manage project teams handling large-scale transformation including approaches to tracking talent placement and design changes or planning change interventions.
- Manage and directly produce work across the lifecycle of the project such as, designing and writing content for executive-facing presentation decks, building leadership team agendas, writing change businesses cases, building strategic planning approaches and drafting senior job descriptions.
- Motivate and guide client teams, ensuring development of client-ready work product and presentations. Comfortably and constructively provide feedback and coaching if needed.
- Review and oversee all account processes to ensure the team is completing work of high quality.
- Build team morale and development opportunities for internal team.
- Effectively escalate account issues and concerns to Partner or Senior Director.
- Effectively include and inform Partner or Senior Director in account operations—briefing them for meetings, on new developments, and activating them to help with client counsel.
- Collaborate across ICF Next with other managers and partners to pursue business development.
- With others, author proposals, RFP responses and participate in pitches.
- Build internal and external relationships to fortify and manage a growth pipeline.
- Suggest areas of thought leadership and occasionally contribute to firm thought leadership efforts.
- Collaborative growth efforts with Partners and other account leads, plus organic growth with clients should achieve target $1M in revenue each year.
Team leadership and mentoring
- Mentor team members across the organization as part of continuous focus on development
- Develop yourself, consistently looking for new ways to learn and lead.
- Motivate and coach the team to do their best work.
- Be available to others as a resource for learning and support.
- Foster high psychological safety and trust on the team.
- Promote a positive, collaborative environment.
- 5+ years of professional management consulting experience or similar in organizational design, development, change management or people operations
- 3+ years of client-facing experience
- 3+ years people management experience
- Some experience with financial analysis and/or business planning
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree - preferred in business, communications or related
- Strong leader
- Experience in navigating complex client and/or organizational situations
- Strong presentation and communications skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving
- High comfort with a fast-paced environment
- Self-directed when given ambiguous goals or objectives
- Competent in Microsoft Office suite, including comfort in PowerPoint and Excel
- Advanced business acumen and analytical thinking
- Ability to travel 20%-30% of the time, once Covid travel guidance is adjusted
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)