Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Biologist Central Coast On-Call
Senior Biologist On-Call
Central Coast, CA
ICF is seeking a Senior On-Call Biologist to support multiple large projects located across the Central Coast of California, and other project sites within the state. The Senior On-Call Biologist will conduct surveys and monitor construction activities related to construction compliance monitoring for the projects. The On-Call Biologist will act as a liaison between the ICF project management team and construction contractor to facilitate compliance with environmental mitigation measures and permit conditions. Work schedule may include 10-14-hour workdays for up to 6 days a week.
About On-Call Employment with ICF
Given the seasonal or project-specific nature of our environmental work, ICF often hires environmental professionals as “On-Call” employees. On-Call employees are scheduled for work hours as they become available (we usually schedule work hours a few weeks ahead of time), and each on-call employee is free to accept or refuse the hours assigned to them in a given week. On-Call employees may work concurrent projects outside of their ICF assignment (along as their outside work does not create a conflict of interest with the work they do for ICF).
- Creation of daily compliance monitoring reporting and document non-compliance occurrences
- Oversee compliance monitoring pertaining to range of resources, including biological resources, wetlands and waters, air quality, noise, water quality and erosion control
- Ensure consistency of project processes procedures
- Work closely with construction/and/or other environmental monitors.
- Advocate safety as a top priority
- Conduct surveys for, and potentially handling/relocation of, federally and/or state-listed threatened or endangered species, or other special-status species.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Biology, Wildlife Biology, or related field
- Minimum of 8 to10 years of experience in the field completing species surveys, vegetation mapping, site analysis, habitat assessments, wildlife movement assessment, and/or similar technical qualifications that demonstrates a strong knowledge and technical competence of biological resources in southern California
- Minimum of 8 to10 years of experience managing or leading staff in biological or regulatory projects.
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years of project or task order management for biological or regulatory projects.
- Previous construction monitoring experience
- Knowledge of NEPA/CEQA mitigation measures and FESA and CESA terms and conditions relative to construction activities
- Credentials and experience must be approved by USFWS and CDFW
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities and to work overtime as necessary
- Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check.
- Holding agency permits and authorizations related to special status species/species of concern for Central California.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
California Remote Office (CA99)