Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Billing Assistant
To support our growth, ICF is adding staff to its energy efficiency team in multiple locations to support a wide range of energy efficiency programs. Our clients include utilities, recognizable Fortune 500 global corporations, as well as a industry, and Government organizations. We are seeking a Sr. Billing Assistant for our Invoicing Team to take a significant role in the implementation and execution of programs that will deliver and expand our offerings. You should have the unique combination of interpersonal and analytical skill that will make you a critical member of our team from the day you arrive. We place a premium on creativity, an ability to work independently when necessary but to function as part of a team, a drive to succeed, and a commitment to client satisfaction.
- Work as part of an energy efficiency team ensuring that the evaluation, implementation, and verification of utility sponsored energy efficiency projects are successfully executed.
- Taking ownership of tracking, reviewing, and issuing invoices
- Handle multiple projects and client accounts
- Implementing invoicing procedures
- Responsible for archiving invoice data and documentation
- Manage drawdown accounts to ensure funding is in balance
- Work with IT team to resolve issues with check payments
- Investigating slow approvals
- Analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Review projects for accuracy and ensure program requirements have been met
- Coach team members to increase overall quality with a focus on error trends
- Work with quality supervisor and senior management to propose and implement quality assurance techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or equivalent experience
- Basic understanding of accounting concepts and workflows
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Strong business communication skills, both written and oral, required for all levels within the organization
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relationship management skills necessary to work in a virtual and hybrid work environment
- Ability to prioritize and be flexible to handle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for a senior management team.
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills working with Microsoft products: Excel, Word, Outlook, SharePoint.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)