Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Bid Coordinator
Senior Bid Coordinator - Birmingham (would also consider London or Leeds)
With ICF working towards doubling the size of our business every five years, the Business Development team takes a lead on the capture of opportunities, the development and implementation of business development best practice and the support to technical teams in the development and submission of technical and financial bids to our clients.
The team sits across all parts of ICF in Europe and Asia and works to ensure our business development efforts are working to the same high level of quality and messaging on every bid. You will be part of a team that leads efforts to reach out to and lead bids for new technical areas and new clients whilst consolidating and strengthening in our core areas of expertise.
About The Role
We are on the lookout for talented bid professionals who can capture, coordinate and manage successful bids. Our team collaborates with smart people to serve dedicated clients and we help our technical teams develop winning solutions that have real significance to the world around you. It is all possible here at ICF.
You will work within a close-knit global team of talented capture and bid professionals based across the UK, Belgium, India, and China. ICF will also invest in your professional development – ranging from ICF training programs around innovation to APMP certification to support industry best practice
You will have the autonomy and responsibility to coordinate and lead bid project teams (made up of technical consultants and other subject matter experts) in line with ICF’s business development approach. You will provide professional support to the consulting teams, helping them to use the right tools at the right time to maximise the success of their bids.
Occasionally you will have the opportunity to support bids from other areas of the business as needed. You will be based in either Birmingham, London or Brussels but may have to travel from time to time between our offices.
Required Skills And Experience
• You will need to have around 2-7 years’ work experience, preferably in a consulting environment and focused on business development activities –leading bid planning and development activities, creating bid schedules and coaching technical experts on how to write proposal sections
• You should have at least a few years’ experience leading bid processes and coordinating bid teams
• You should have a basic understanding of how bids are evaluated in a public-sector environment
• You will need experience managing team sites, SharePoint pages and internal databases
• Work experience and/or an interest in policy research, international development, or communications and marketing sectors would be an advantage
• You need to be fluent in written and spoken English. Fluency in French would be a bonus
• Certified to APMP Foundation or Practitioner is a bonus
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.