Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Accountant, General Ledger
ICF is seeking an experienced General Ledger Senior Accountant, who will report directly to the Manager, General Ledger. This individual will be responsible for maintaining intercompany balance sheet account reconciliations, preparing journal entries, participating in month, quarter and year-end closing processes. The ideal candidate will have experience in intercompany accounting, strong analytical experience and communication skills as they will deal with individuals across the organization.
- Participate in the month-end close process, preparing journal entries, performing account analysis and preparing intercompany balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Research and follow-up on reconciling items for assigned areas.
- Ensure assigned tasks/processes are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure accounting practices and documentation procedures are performed in accordance with GAAP and ICF policies.
- Assist with providing documentation for both internal and external auditor requests.
- Provide ad hoc analysis to management.
- Work with other accounting organization functions, including the Line of Business to ensure appropriate accounting treatment.
- Participate in special projects and process improvement initiatives.
- BA/BS in Accounting
- 5+ years of experience with accounting and financial reporting
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- High proficiency in MS Excel
- Flexibility to work more than 40 hours/week during surge periods and to meet essential deliverables
- CPA license
- Intercompany accounting experience
- Experience with Costpoint and Cognos
- Experience with BlackLine
- Proficiency in MS Word, Office, PowerPoint
- Professional demeanor.
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and be responsible to follow up on action items.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Strong understanding of internal controls and SOX compliance.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff as well as outside clients and vendors.
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)