Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Accountant General Ledger
Job Description Summary
Performs general accounting activities, including the preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of ledger accounts, primarily intercompany accounts. Provides financial support to other departments including project accounting, project controllers, and other divisions within ICF. Analyzes and prepares journal entries from and to various divisions across ICF in a complex business environment.
ICF is seeking a Staff Accountant who will report directly to the Intercompany Manager. This individual’s main responsibilities will be preparing, entering and researching inter-company journal entries across the various divisions within ICF. Identifying and troubleshooting any issues associated with intercompany billing, inter-company GL, billed and unbilled, and timely addressing of any issues arising. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical experience and communication skills, as they will work with project managers, project finance controllers, and the general ledger team members on a daily basis. Must be comfortable working in a high-volume, deadline driven environment.
- Enter journal entries received from various divisions for intercompany billings
- Prepare manual journal entries for Computer Information Technology (CIT) allocations, manual Intercompany Work Order (IWO) invoices, indirect cost charges and other allocations as necessary
- Prepare entries for vouchers within the various divisions
- Performs intercompany account reconciliations within BlackLine and across different systems; investigate out of balance issue, and resolves intercompany reconciling items in a timely manner
- Report on issues and follow up with respective parties until resolved
- Provide support and troubleshooting to project financial controllers and business managers and stay engaged until all the issues are addressed
- Ability to research complex intercompany issues and resolve
- BA/BS in Accounting
- 3 + years of experience in project accounting and management or project billing
- Experience working in a professional services or government contracting environment
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Costpoint Experience
- Blackline Experience
- Cognos Experience
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, presentation and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision- making capabilities
- Ability to work independently and be responsible to follow up on action items
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to collaborate and partner with all levels of internal staff as well as outside clients and vendors
- Professional demeanor
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)