Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting
ICF International seeks a Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting to assist with the preparation of our quarterly and annual filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). This position is located at our new headquarters in Reston, VA and will report to the Senior Manager of SEC Reporting. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of current U.S. GAAP, an ability to research complex technical accounting topics, strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities, and can work independently and follow up on action items.
- Assist in the preparation of the financial statements and footnote disclosures for ICF’s Form 10-Ks and Form 10-Qs.
- Assist in gathering information to include in the filings
- Assist in the review of XBRL tags
- Support preparation of tie-out binders to support all fillings
- Assist in gathering of quarterly SOX Sub-Certifications to support CEO and CFO certification of quarterly and annual filings
- Assist in the valuation and expense recognition of stock-based compensation under ASC 718 and prepares journal entries and reconciliation of related balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Assist in technical accounting research related to unique and/or complex transactions
- Support ongoing internal process improvement initiatives to streamline accounting systems and processes and drive related efficiencies throughout the company
- Ad hoc projects and requests, as needed
- BA/BS in Accounting
- 4+ years of experience with accounting and financial reporting
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Proficiency in MS Word, Office, Excel, and PowerPoint
- SEC Reporting experience
- Familiarity with Active Disclosure is a plus
- CPA is a plus
- Experience with HFM, CostPoint 8.0 and Cognos is a plus.
- Good writing skills
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: Know Your Rights and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$77,890.00 - $132,413.00
Reston, VA (VA30)