Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Account Manager - Energy Efficiency
Senior Account Manager, Energy Efficiency Programs
Remote based out of Michigan
Ready to make a difference?Come join our team as a Senior Account Manager supporting clean energy programs and under-served communities in Michigan. ICF is seeking a candidate with strong communication skills in the Metro Detroit area to build and manage relationships with building owners, customers, and key community stakeholders aligned with energy efficiency products and services. You’ll mentor junior field staff and design/implement program field strategies and plans. This position requires experience with energy auditing and in-field inspections. Other responsibilities include concerted outreach in scheduling and communicating with stakeholders.
Working closely with the client and our nation-wide implementation team, you’ll focus on bringing energy efficiency and bill savings to customers including under-served communities, providing safer, more energy efficient homes, and ensuring energy grid stability in the greater Detroit area.
Are you an experienced account manager, auditor, or field inspector with a track record of successful project execution? Do you possess strong communication skills, enjoy interacting with clients and community stakeholders, and have experience with or working knowledge of Energy Efficiency programs? Do you enjoy working with a team of highly skilled, multi-disciplinary, and passionate team members, collaborating with national subject matter experts, and bringing it all together to deliver results for your clients? If so, then you have found the perfect job. Apply today!
Why you will love working here:
- Quality of life: Flexible workplace arrangements, work-life balance
- Investment of the community: Donation matching, volunteer opportunities
- Investment in you: Tuition reimbursement, access to professional development resources, 401k matching, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- And many, many more (Ask your recruiter for more details!)
What you will be doing:
- Local travel requirements are from 60 to 70% of time
- Mentor junior field staff and strategize stakeholder communication plans
- Schedule and perform field quality assurance with customers who have recently participated in an energy efficiency project
- Record field visits and communications in customer relationship management tool
- Build industry relationships, provide insights to ensure that programs run efficiently and effectively and constantly respond to changing market conditions
- Act as a liaison with architects, building owners, builders, contractors, and customers to stay apprised of the industry, understand trends and projections, and provide direction and insights to program teams
- Collaborate with regional and national teams to provide national cohesiveness and bring efficiencies & best practices to your client’s programs
- Assist technical and analytics teams to provide guidance and judgement on energy savings calculations, best practices, and ensure QA/QC standards for the program are met
What we need you to have (minimum qualifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Building Science, Energy Systems, Sustainability, or other related field and 5+ years of related work experience in residential construction, energy efficiency, sustainability, or in the energy industry.
- 9+ years of related work experience in residential construction, energy efficiency, sustainability, or in the energy industry.
- Must have valid driver’s license and successfully pass a Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check.
What we would like you to have:
- Industry certifications including, but not limited to: Building Performance Institute (BPI), Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) or Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
- Expertise in single-family, multifamily, or C&I sectors
- Expertise in business management, building construction, energy resources, or energy policy
- Professional affiliations including, but not limited to: RESNET, AESP, MEECA, MEEA, ACEEE, ASHRAE, or AEE
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with field diagnostic tools, specifically blower door and duct blasters
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to learn ICF energy efficiency database/project tracking system
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is:
$75,524.00 - $128,390.00
Michigan Remote Office (MI99)