Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Senior Account Executive (Media Relations)
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
ICF Next has won six PR Agency of the Year awards from PRWeek and PRovoke Media, over the last decade, but it is not just another PR agency.
ICF Next is hiring a media-relations-focused senior account executive to help some of the world’s most admired food, beverage and lifestyle brands tell compelling stories.
Ideally based in Chicago, Minneapolis or New York, this role is for someone with a demonstrated passion for media relations, who relishes not only sharing stories but also helping to shape them. You’ll function as the go-to media expert for a select group of accounts, working closely with account managers and fellow media experts to develop and execute successful media-relations strategies.
As a Senior Account Executive (Media Relations), you will:
- Lead day-to-day media relations across an assigned set of accounts, developing and executing media strategies and consulting on all earned-media issues
- Serve as a client-facing expert, presenting and advocating for our teams’ strategic recommendations, participating on calls and in meetings, and authoring status reports.
- Play an active role in campaign development, authoring strategy documents, messaging, press releases and other materials, while also collaborating closely with account- and creative-team members to optimize broader efforts for earned media.
- Be an expert on shifts media landscape, and in pop culture, advising clients and teams on how best to navigate them.
- Research and develop competitive audits and analyses
- Help grow our next generation of media experts through our internal media-education programs
- Occasionally participate and/or consult in new business pursuits and presentations
- Champion great work that surpasses clients’ objectives.
As a Senior Account Executive (Media Relations), you will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years media experience at an agency, on a marketing or communications team, or within a news organization. Food, beverage or lifestyle media experience preferred.
- Exceptional storytelling skills, both written and verbal
- A collaborative nature
- Enthusiasm for leading, empowering and developing younger team members
- A tenacious approach to problem solving that shines when rethinking angles and outlets to help a program earn media coverage
- Time-management skills necessary to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Experience overseeing and managing third-party vendors and partners
- Ability to travel as required (once regular business travel resumes)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Chicago, IL (IL14)