Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
The Security Consultant role performs security product installation, configuration, customization, and security audits for our clients.
- Executing client engagements that exceed expectations based on strong understanding of the client’s business and their unique needs by:
- Leading the requirements gathering process
- Developing and implementing Tenable security solutions and workflow plans aligned with client business and security objectives
- Installing and/or configuring all Tenable solutions.
- Development of custom reports, dashboards. alerts and scans within Tenable products to meet client business objectives
- Analysis of Nessus scan results and understanding the risk and threat levels of findings
- Conducting security assessments and audits using Tenable methodology
- Managing client expectations to enable their desired outcomes
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with clients
- Creating additional value for clients through continual insights and consultative advice based on experience with the client, their industry, established standards and industry and best practices
- Assisting clients with upgrades and migration to new hardware or software versions
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of internal delivery methods and tools.
- 5 years of IT Consulting skills with an emphasis on client management, objection handling and a commitment to client success
- Recent experience performing vulnerability scans, log analysis, security monitoring with Nessus, SecurityCenter, Tenable.io or other industry solutions
- Bachelor's Degree or four years of experience in lieu of a degree
- Deep understanding of Cyber Exposure to include all lifecycle states and network asset classes.
- In depth knowledge of networks, both ‘traditional’ and VLAN, Linux/Unix and Windows administration, patch deployment and system configuration
- Understanding of traditional and cloud-based computing environments and delivery models extending to how they are integrated and ‘secured’
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Understanding of security principles, policies and industry best practices
- Knowledge of Auditing and Configuration frameworks such as ISO 17799, PCI, GLBA and HIPAA preferred
- Understanding of OWASP and common exploitable cyber security threats
- Understanding of common control systems such as firewalls, blacklists, ACLs and common network monitoring tools such as IDS/IPS
- Understanding of wireless LAN protocols and various WLAN vulnerabilities and attacks
- Consulting skills with an emphasis on client management, objection handling and a commitment to client success.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Remote Office (MD99)