Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Scrum Master/QC Analyst (Remote)
ICF is seeking a highly motivated Scrum Master and Quality Control resource to support citizen facing digital solutions for a variety of Federal clients. The Scrum Master will inspire and empower collaborative teams to deliver quality, innovative, and highly scalable web-based applications to end clients, and will also serve as a Quality Control analyst, performing testing and verification/validation activities for team I.T. deliveries. The ideal Scrum Master will have prior experience as a SM working with matrixed and cross disciplinary teams. This resource will lead the successful delivery across markets, ensuring teams are appropriately resourced, focused on the key priorities, and aligned between roadmaps to project objectives. In addition, this resource will diligently perform quality control tasks to ensure I.T. deliverables meet quality objectives.
*This is a remote role and can sit anywhere within the US, however, if successful candidate is close to DC Metro area, a hybrid work site arrangement would be beneficial*
In this role, you will:
- Guides teams on how to use Agile practices and principles to deliver high quality products and services to our customers.
- Gets teams to a high performing level by recognizing areas of strength and improvement and employing appropriate coaching and development techniques.
- Ensures the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
- Responsible for ensuring Scrum is understood and the team adheres to Scrum theory, practice, and guidelines.
- Works with teams, as well as internal and external stakeholders, to influence and drive decision making.
- Asks difficult questions, works with Product Owner to remove impediments, and makes issues and problems visible. Escalates as necessary.
- Works with Agile coaches and other Scrum Masters to grow within the role.
- Facilitates and supports all scrum events: Sprint Planning/Backlog Grooming, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective.
- Ensures cross functional coordination (UX, analysts, developers and testers) is occurring early and often
- Uses Jira to provide visibility to status, metrics, predictability, throughput, quality, impediments, and dependencies.
- Contributes to the advancement and improvement of Agile practices within the organization.
- Performs testing and quality control on developed software.
- Looks for ways to assist in requirements grooming for sprint preparation.
What you must have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related scientific or technical discipline
- Scrum Master Certification
- US Citizenship or Green Card. Employment must be compliant with eligibility for Public Trust due to Government Contract
- 5 or more years of experience in Agile development including serving as a Scrum Master
- 3 or more years of experience working with Quality Control .
- 3 or more years Advanced experience with Atlassian JIRA and Confluence.
- 3 or more years of experience with quality control in an IT setting.
- 2 or more years of experience assisting with requirements gathering and grooming.
What we’d like you to have:
- Ability to ensure adherence to Agile methodology and practices
- Strong facilitation skills in leading, planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives.
- Enjoys solving problems and able to resolve conflicts through strong mediation skills.
- Motivated, driven, and can influence and drive teams to success using Agile/Scrum practices.
- Proven leadership experience in achieving successful project outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teamwork in and across teams and organizations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies, architectures and technical standards.
Why you’ll love working here:
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible work location
- Diverse workforce that values equality and inclusion
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Friendly community with lots of social events
- Participation in charity initiatives
- Employee support program
Technologies you’ll use:
Atlassian Jira, Confluence, Agile
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Texas Remote Office (TX99)