Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Scientific Working Group and Committee (SWG-C) Coordinator
The SWG-C Coordinator will provide coordination and administrative support to scientific working groups and committees supporting a high-profile program for the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Once our office safely re-open, the position will be based in our Rockville, Maryland office with part time teleworking if desired. The SWG-C Coordinator will support the following tasks:
- Provide logistical and administrative support for meetings including scheduling, developing meeting materials, disseminating information, taking minutes, and working with committee leads to track action items and ongoing committee issues/tasks.
- Maintain electronic membership and email lists for working groups and committees.
- Maintain and update online informational resources by updating content through a content management system (CMS). Information may include meeting calendars, project/study descriptions, and project status updates.
- Respond to inquiries from investigators, awardees, and client staff.
- Provide training and orientation for new committee and working group members.
- Update documentation including standard operating procedures and internal process documents.
- Support program tracking including status of publications, committee/working group action items and issue tracking.
- Identify new system features to improve user experience, provide support to test new features and collaborate with IT resources to report and resolve website and user issues.
Required Qualifications Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, in a scientific field of study
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience
- Exceptional organizational skills and experience managing and coordinating projects/tasks
- Experience working in a team setting and collaborating with others to effectively carry out tasks
- Experience taking meeting minutes/notes for highly technical/scientific meetings
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Experience with dbGaP data deposition requirements
- Experience working for a data coordinating center for a large scientific consortia
- Experience supporting scientific committees or working groups
- Experience working with Ph.D level professionals
- Experience working at or with NIH or HHS
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)