Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Scientific Data Curator
ICF seeks a Scientific Data Curator to support and grow our Health Analytics, Research, and Technology (HART) line of business. We are looking for candidate with a background in data curation of large-scale clinical, genomic, proteomic and/or metabolomic data. The successful candidate will perform bioinformatics support, data quality assurance, and curation activities in a production-oriented environment. They will collaborate with multi-functional teams working on various projects supporting clients within the federal government.
- Provide support for approaches, processes, and methods for the management, integration, analysis, and visualization of data from different data sources.
- Assist in management of genomic, proteomic, and other multiomic data and annotation resources.
- Standardize the biomedical data using common data elements, terminologies, and controlled vocabularies
- Ensuring the data integrity through rigorous quality assurance and quality control throughout the lifecycle of the data in the system
- Abstracting clinical and multiomic data from the standard operating procedure into discrete fields for improved data enablement
- Assists in preparation of presentations at scientific meetings, documentation for scientific processes.
- Develop custom scripts and software to automate scientific data analysis using Python, Per/BioPerl, R, and/or Java.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of specialized, high-performance databases for different aspects of ‘omics analysis.
- M.S. in Biology, Biochemistry, or equivalent degree (Ph.D. preferred) with combined education and experience in bioinformatics. Applicants with an educational background in bioinformatics, computational biology with significant combined education and experience in one or more of genomics, proteomics, metabolomics, or related fields will be considered.
- Thorough knowledge of Unix/Linux or similar environments with ability to navigate in these environments and running and developing software.
- One or more years of bioinformatics experience including programming in Perl/Python/R/Java
- Knowledge or experience with high throughput data and data curation activities
- Experience with relational databases and/or graph data bases is a plus
- Independent problem solver who enjoys collaborative research
- Effective written and oral communication skills with the ability to present technical ideas to stakeholders.
- Ph. D. bioinformatics, computational biology; Experience in proteomics, genomics, metabolomics, or other related fields is preferred.
- Experience working in a consulting firm, development organization, or public agency preferred.
- Experience with Python, Per/BioPerl, R, and/or Java.
- Operate and develop components for workflow management systems such as Common Workflow Language (CWL), Workflow Description Language (WDL), Snakemake, and Nextflow.
- Perform statistical analyses using R, Python, and/or other open-source or commercial statistical applications, as required.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)