Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
School Research Recruiter, Tribal Communities - Remote
School Research Recruiter, Tribal Communities - Remote
ICF’s Survey Research Team is growing, and we are hiring multiple Research Recruiters across the country to support efforts in recruiting schools, school districts, communities, states, and national-level organizations to participate in research and evaluation studies on a variety of public health topics. This role will work with districts and schools in areas with high concentrations of American Indian/Alaska Native populations.
If you have a working knowledge of schools, can be persuasive and effective in communicating the value of public health via phone interactions, and knowledge of and experience working with tribes, Native communities, and national Native organizations, we want to hear from you!
School Research Recruiters at ICF need to be articulate and demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills, well-developed active listening skills, and the ability to be both succinct and persuasive in written and oral communication. As the School Research Recruiter, you will need to be adept at engaging others in conversation and interpreting possible objections based on verbal and non-verbal cues. This role requires resiliency, and the ability to present effective responses/alternatives in overcoming respondents’ resistance to participation.
These roles are full-time, remote based (work-from-home) from August 2021 through December 2021. Some roles may extend to mid-May 2022. Successful candidates will be required to attend a multi-day training in Rockville, MD in August 2021 (dates TBD).
What you will be doing:
- Establish rapport with states, school districts, communities, and/or schools that have been randomly selected to participate in community, state, or national studies.
- Recruit schools, school districts, communities, states, and national-level organizations to participate in research studies on a variety of public health topics. Perform respondent identification in accordance with study protocol.
- Obtain clearances and agreements to participate, carefully selecting appropriate respondents, and scheduling data collection activities.
- Actively work to fill gaps in scheduling assignments and monitor logistics for assigned field data collection staff.
- Use a computer to complete an online data collection management application for each study and complete study assignments and tasks using Microsoft Office products, such as Word and Excel.
- Bachelor's degree in behavioral or social sciences, public health, or related field
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in the field of education, research, and/or evaluation
- Experience working with public districts and schools in areas with diverse American Indian and Alaska Native communities
- Home WiFi access required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (i.e., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is essential in this fast-paced, client-oriented environment.
- Experience working in diverse communities with a deep understanding of American Indian and Alaska Native populations
- Familiarity with school environments is ideal.
- Prior experience recruiting participants to participate in research studies preferred. recruitment, college admissions, educational administration, teaching, field data collection, fund raising, public relations, direct sales, and health education/promotion would be ideal.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, well-developed active listening skills, and the ability to be both succinct and persuasive in written and oral communication.
- Experience engaging others in conversation and interpreting possible objections based on verbal and non-verbal cues.
- Ability to think on one’s feet to analyze a situation, identify potential problems, and recommend solutions.
- Detail oriented with well-developed ability to document assignment outcomes.
- Demonstrated level of professionalism in providing task support, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy required.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information required.
- Time-management, including the ability to manage assignments effectively and work under extremely tight timelines while following study protocols.
- Ability to work independently and with all levels of staff to achieve project goals.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Montana Remote Office (MT99)