Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF is seeking a SAS Programmer with experience developing and implementing data management strategies of varying complexity, producing cleaned and client-ready datasets, conducting basic analyses to support technical and project management teams, and supporting production of technical writing products. The successful candidate will work with teams of data managers, analysts, statisticians, and project managers and will be responsible for developing and implementing data cleaning/editing specifications and code; supporting preparation of data documentation such as user’s guides, analytical plans, and codebooks; performing analyses; and providing technical writing support. The SAS Programmer will be a member of research teams across the practice and company that include project managers and substantive experts.
- Develop and implement data management specifications and code to support data deliverable requirements.
- Collaborate with teams of data managers, statisticians and analysts to provide direction to project management staff on recommendations for technical and analytical best practices to achieve study goals.
- Develop data cleaning specifications and code to support post-fielding and final dataset production.
- Support senior data management and analysis staff in designing efficient data management systems to respond to client needs.
- Support senior data management and analysis staff in producing client deliverables.
- Conduct pre-fielding validations on data structures and developing data testing plans.
- Support documentation of data management and quality control procedures.
- Participate in technical report development and writing.
- Bachelor’s in applied statistics or other quantitative field, public health or relevant social science field required; Master’s preferred.
- At least 3 years of applied and demonstrable data management experience.
- Working knowledge of intermediate SAS functions that can be applied immediately to support job requirements.
- Knowledge of and basic skills to support use of SPSS, STATA, or R, a plus
- Survey research background and knowledge is preferred.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism in providing administrative support, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)