Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF’s IT Modernization division is a rapidly growing, entrepreneurial, technology driven department, seeking a motivated Appian and Salesforce Architect to support upcoming needs.
The FDA Digital Services Center provides PaaS and SaaS offerings to the FDA and its offices with a focus on delivering modernized, quality, software, as well as hosted services. The DSC works with multiple vendors to host applications and provide a platform utilizing industry best practices and standards. The DSC offers support services in the form of helpdesk support, application development support, and advisory support for the FDA Centers and Offices.
This Architect provides leadership and guidance to the application software development/architecture teams within the project. This person ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented. Additionally, the Architect engages with the client to understand their overall strategy and be able to partner with the Program Manager in communicating the DSC benefits to other internal, potential FDA customers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Establish system information requirements using analysis of the information engineer(s) in the development of enterprise‐wide or information systems.
- Design architecture to include the software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross‐functional requirements and interfaces.
- Ensure these systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards for open systems architectures, the OSI and ISO reference models, and profiles of standards ‐ such as IEEE OSE model ‐ as they apply to the implementation and specification of information management solution of the application platform, across the API, and the external environment/software application.
- Ensure that the common operating environment is compliant with the enterprise architecture and applicable reference models.
- Evaluate analytically and systematically problems & planning to develop appropriate corrective action.
- Identifies opportunities for growth and maturation of Salesforce.com offerings
- Provides oversight and governance of managed Salesforce.com projects
- Develops case studies and training materials; conducts brown bags and provides guidance for Salesforce teams.
- Develops and delivers best practices, delivery templates, and point-of-view papers
- Maintains awareness of industry best practices and business levers for cloud offerings
- Oversees quality assurance of project delivery
- Assigns practice area development tasks when resources are between projects
- Facilitates client satisfaction surveys (where applicable)
- Supports recruiting and onboarding of new employees (where applicable)
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- 8+ years of Application Development and support, preferably in a consulting environment
- Experience with systems and software architecture, and both SaaS and on-premises software delivery models.
- Knowledge of information technology frameworks and methodologies, including Reference Architectures and Architecture Patterns.
- Strong understanding and hands-on experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Ability to communicate well and lead the team
- Strong client communication skills and ability to develop client strategy/roadmap
- Experience with SFDC data model and the data migration / integration capabilities of SFDC.
- Hands-on experience working with Appian and Salesforce and integration to other systems
- Understanding of Appian and Salesforce security models (profiles, permissions and sharing)
- Must have exposure to all aspects of SDLC and deployment best practices
- US Citizenship required (required by federal government for this position).
- Demonstrated experience providing Solution architecture support for 5 large enterprise environments in the public sector using current Appian, Salesforce, ServiceNow and Microsoft Dynamics or other equivalent Enterprise technology stacks.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Client Office (DC88)