Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Safety Supervisor - REMOTE
As a Safety supervisor, you will provide direct supervision, mentoring, and feedback to a team of staff responsible for reviewing documentation provided by sponsor families and providing input to team members making recommendations regarding the safe and timely placement of Unaccompanied Children in ORR custody requiring unification with sponsors.
Successful candidates for this role must pass a criminal background check, a No adverse child abuse and neglect (CAN) report or child protective services check.
- Supervise safety specialists (1:8 ratio)
- Conduct supervisory reviews on all cases with safety flags
- Conduct supervisory reviews on all Category 3 sponsors
- Conduct supervisory reviews of all sponsors flagged as potential traffickers
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, behavioral health, public health, or other human services field
- 1+ years of experience working with migrant/refugee issues, particularly related to Unaccompanied Children and sponsor families and the processes/documentation required for the assessment of sponsors and discharge of Unaccompanied Children from ORR custody
- 3+ years of professional experience management/supervision of direct services providing staff working with vulnerable children and/or families
- 1+ years of experience hiring, developing, managing and supervising, and retaining a team of highly skilled, culturally diverse and experienced multi-disciplinary staff
- Experience validating and verifying documentation required from sponsor families including government-issued documents such as birth certificates; driver’s licenses, and passports.
- Experience working in a professional consulting environment with federal clients
- Excellent communication skills, particularly with frontline and supervisory staff
- Excellent team builder and team player
- High degree of comfort in a fast-paced, outcomes-oriented environment
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities
- Proven ability to make decisions independently within established parameters, applying documented procedures/criteria
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with internal staff and clients, UC sponsor families, and external service providers and stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism including the ability to exercise good judgment, discretion and diplomacy
- Ability to work independently, managing multiple tasks with short timelines and high priority, while communicating status to a variety of stakeholders as well as project management
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Comfortable working remotely, working with an interdisciplinary team communicating and collaboratively primarily online
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)