Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Revenue Recognition & Compliance Manager
ICF is seeking an experienced, dynamic, results-oriented Revenue Recognition Manager who will be part of Europe & Asia Finance & Accounting team, responsible for supporting the “sales to cash” cycle. The successful candidate will have a strong foundation in technical accounting (specifically revenue recognition) and be able to work and communicate effectively in a team environment, interacting with our Accounting, Business Management, Contracts, Project Managers teams, as well as External and Internal Auditors.
This is a great opportunity to work for a NASDAQ listed, fast paced, high growth company with ample room to make a difference with management visibility.
- Implement and review the processes and help the revenue team to create a vision, set of objectives, and an action plan to maximise long-term output.
- Review and evaluate customer contracts for compliance with internal policies and US GAAP (ASC 606), ensuring that the projects are set-up correctly and revenue has been properly and timely recognized.
- Lead monthly revenue meetings and review of monthly revenue and review of monthly revenue which consists of analytical review of monthly revenue trends.
- Review accuracy of balance sheet reconciliations including deferred revenue and unbilled revenue.
- Ensure appropriate revenue related internal controls are in place and operating effectively and ensure maintenance of control documentation for revenue related processes.
- Work with Corporate Revenue Compliance and SOX on related requests and initiatives.
- Provide leadership and structure in acquisition related due diligence activities and integration.
- Lead on system upgrades and implementations (including design, training and UAT) in respect of revenue and related reporting to ensure GAAP and ICF process alignment and compliance.
- Work with Operations and Business Management on Time and Expenses (T/E) monitoring and compliance.
- Work with Corporate SOX team to assist with the Europe & Asia SOX compliance requirements
- Assist in the audit by external/internal auditors and SOX teams.
- Mentor and develop members on the team, contribute to a positive and collaborative team culture with highest integrity and sense of ownership.
- Maintain and build trusted relationships with key internal customers, partners, and stakeholders.
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Minimum 3-5 years of assurance/audit experience in within a Top-Tier audit firm preferred.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge and thorough understanding of GAAP including revenue recognition rules (ASC 606) as well as the ability to apply judgment within defined policies and practices.
- Experience in revenue recognition for various contract types (Cost Plus, T&M, FP) a plus.
- US GAAP knowledge and SOX experience are advantageous.
- Preferably you have been involved with a new system implementation, considering requirements, design, testing and implementation.
- Experience with major ERP system preferred (Deltek/Maconomy Oracle, SAP, Netsuite,).
- Excellent analytical, organizational, problem-solving, communication (both written and oral) and collaboration skills required.
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals.
The benefits of joining ICF:
Our people at ICF are our most important asset, so we invest in them from the moment they arrive. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well.
We offer a hybrid working policy, which will provide you with the flexibility to collaborate in the office, as well as in the comfort of your own home, ensuring you are able to successfully deliver the requirements of your role.
To support you, our employee wellbeing hub is designed to provide highly personalised support across a comprehensive range of wellbeing issues, such as mind, body, finances, community, career programs and HR support.
We enjoy celebrating success, which is why we have a competitive recognition program called ‘You Matter’, which awards points as a ‘thank you’ for your work achievements. These can be spent on a large variety of high-quality items, as well as online or high-street vouchers, all with zero tax payable by the employee.
ICF also offers a range of competitive benefits, which include:
- Single Private Medical Insurance cover with no restrictions on existing conditions.
- Dental insurance and an online GP service.
- 25 days annual leave, plus UK bank holidays (annual leave increases with years of service).
- Pension scheme with 5% of salary employer contribution
- Life assurance paying 4x annual salary and Group Income Protection paying 66% of salary for up to 5 years if you are off work on long-term sick.
- Enhanced parental leave policies, enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption, and shared parental pay.
London Riverscape (GB75)