Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Resource Planner - Creative & Strategy Services
The Resource Planner will work closely with Department heads, Programme Management teams and Business Managers managing the allocation of resource to projects. As part of ICF NEXT E+A Operations and Resourcing team, you’ll support the agency’s operational excellence overall, helping develop and implement best practices to optimise resources, ensure client satisfaction, and maximise profitability across accounts.
The Resource Planner shows a commitment and enthusiasm that motivates teams to work within the new integrated structure and encourages behaviour change.
As a member of the Production and Operations team at ICF Next and under the support of Head Of Process Optimization and Planning team, your flexibility and adaptability know no bounds. You can effortlessly support the monitoring of efficiency, driving process improment, prioritise billable work and forecast requirements and gaps.
- Manage the end-to-end process for resource and traffic management function.
- Work with Senior members of the team in analysing and preparing resource for future peaks in workload .
- Financial management -budget writing, financial forecast and cost management. Provide full support with scoping and pricing on projects
- Work with the team to ensure documents for projects are completed- this includes services agreements and invoices are submitted correctly.
- Lead on regular resource review meetings with Creative Teams and Ops Team.
- Responsible for managing resource schedules and platforms, as well as ensuring that all resource requests are prioritised and fulfilled.
- Responsible for compiling weekly spend department reports and supporting with the analysing of data.
- Work with the Creative teams, Disciplines Leads and Project Managers to prioritise resource requests, assist with the movement of resource and understand the composition of teams, skills and capabilities.
- Own and expand our freelance and talent database. Action outsource assistance and freelancer onboarding, completing required documents in line with local regulations, including timesheets and purchase orders.
- Run resource meetings and work alongside Head of Departments driving efficiencies.
- Scrutinise and interrogate briefs alongside Department Heads where possible, ensuring the teams have all they need to start a job successfully.
- Working with Senior Operations Manager / Head of Planning & Optimization to forward plan work that is expected to land. So we can track peaks in activity.
- Ensure utilisation, unbillable and billable targets are met with accurate resourcing.
- Oversee time tracking and chasing weekly to ensure all data is present and correct.
- Working in a fast paced and changing environment with the ability to flex to support the needs of the business. Optimising distribution of workload and driving efficiency, maximising profitability and chargeable hours.
- Engage with, and promote the use of, systems and resource platforms within the wider teams.
- Managing key stakeholder relationships and acting as trusted advisor on resourcing, sharing best practice and advice on team capacity.
- Ability to strategically prioritise – identifying and planning resource needs across a wide range of projects to ensure they are set up for success.
- Ability to deal with different characters with pragmatism and flex. Experience working with multicultural teams and cross business is desirable.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and agility in the face of challenge.
- Confidence in acting autonomously and also a great team player, building positive relationships all around
- Relationship management skills. Strong emotional intelligence and inter-personal skills; able to build consensus.
- Thinking ahead and seeing the bigger picture. Strong character that is comfortable enforcing scheduling controls and setting realistic expectations with stakeholders.
- Open-minded and committed to learning a new resourcing system, then encouraging its adoption across the business.Inherent curiosity about key practice areas across an agency and their skill sets; able to match talent to the right opportunity.
- Strong communications skills: demonstrated ability to communicate clearly with project stakeholders, addressing concerns and presenting mutually beneficial solutions.
You have previous experience of…
- Resourcing multiple teams in an agency , Creative Studio or in house department setting. Experience in operations and resource management within communications, media, creative or marketing agency with strong project management, planning and workflow management experience.
- Prior experience in a relevant position within either a public affairs consultancy or in-house, communications agency or European Institutions is desirable.
- Experience within an Operations and Production function within a large multinational business.
- Communicating and managing multiple stakeholders at various levels.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
Brussels, Belgium (BE75)