Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Resource Operations Manager
Resource Operations Manager
ICF is a global management consulting services company with over 7,000 full- and part-time employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future.
The Resource Operations Manager will work closely with Department heads, Programme Management teams and Business Managers to manage the allocation of resources to projects. As part of the ICF NEXT E+A Operations and Resourcing team, you’ll support the agency’s operational excellence overall, helping develop and implement best practices to optimize resources, ensure client satisfaction, and maximize profitability across accounts.
The Resource Manager shows a commitment and enthusiasm that motivates teams to work within the new integrated structure and encourages behaviour change.
As a member of the Production and Operations team at ICF Next and under the support of the Head Of Process Optimization and Planning team, your flexibility and adaptability know no bounds. You can effortlessly support the monitoring of efficiency, drive process improvement, prioritize billable work and forecast requirements and gaps.
- Manage the end-to-end process for resource and traffic management functions.
- Work with Senior members of the team in analysing and preparing resources for future peaks in workload.
- Financial management -budget writing, financial forecast and cost management. Provide full support with scoping and pricing on projects
- Work with the team to ensure documents for projects are completed- this includes services agreements and invoices are submitted correctly.
- Lead on regular resource review meetings with Creative Teams and Ops Team.
- Responsible for managing resource schedules and platforms, as well as ensuring that all resource requests are prioritised and fulfilled.
- Responsible for compiling weekly spend department reports and supporting with the analysing of data.
- Work with the Creative teams, Disciplines Leads and Project Managers to prioritise resource requests, assist with the movement of resource and understand the composition of teams, skills and capabilities.
- Own and expand our freelance and talent database. Action outsource assistance and freelancer onboarding, completing required documents in line with local regulations, including timesheets and purchase orders.
- Run resource meetings and work alongside Head of Departments driving efficiencies.
- Scrutinise and interrogate briefs alongside Department Heads where possible, ensuring the teams have all they need to start a job successfully.
- Working with Senior Operations Manager / Head of Planning & Optimization to forward plan work that is expected to land. So we can track peaks in activity.
- Ensure utilisation, unbillable and billable targets are met with accurate resourcing.
- Oversee time tracking and chasing weekly to ensure all data is present and correct.
- Working in a fast paced and changing environment with the ability to flex to support the needs of the business. Optimising distribution of workload and driving efficiency, maximising profitability and chargeable hours.
- Engage with, and promote the use of, systems and resource platforms within the wider teams.
- Managing key stakeholder relationships and acting as trusted advisor on resourcing, sharing best practice and advice on team capacity.
- Ability to strategically prioritise – identifying and planning resource needs across a wide range of projects to ensure they are set up for success.
- Ability to deal with different characters with pragmatism and flex. Experience working with multicultural teams and cross business is desirable.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and agility in the face of challenge.
- Confidence in acting autonomously and also a great team player, building positive relationships all around
- Relationship management skills. Strong emotional intelligence and inter-personal skills; able to build consensus.
- Thinking ahead and seeing the bigger picture. Strong character that is comfortable enforcing scheduling controls and setting realistic expectations with stakeholders.
- Open-minded and committed to learning a new resourcing system, then encouraging its adoption across the business.Inherent curiosity about key practice areas across an agency and their skill sets; able to match talent to the right opportunity.
- Strong communications skills: demonstrated ability to communicate clearly with project stakeholders, addressing concerns and presenting mutually beneficial solutions.
You have previous experience of…
- Resourcing multiple teams in an agency , Creative Studio or in house department setting. Experience in operations and resource management within communications, media, creative or marketing agency with strong project management, planning and workflow management experience.
- Prior experience in a relevant position within either a public affairs consultancy or in-house, communications agency or European Institutions is desirable.
- Experience within an Operations and Production function within a large multinational business.
- Communicating and managing multiple stakeholders at various levels.
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are committed to creating a culture where we embrace our differences in ideas and identities. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals.
The benefits of joining ICF:
- Our people at ICF, are our most important asset, so we invest in them from the moment you arrive. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well.
- ICF offer a hybrid working policy, that will offer you flexibility to collaborate in the office, as well as in the comfort of your own home, to successfully deliver the requirements of your role and the business.
- The employee wellbeing hub, which was launched in January 20022, is designed to provide highly personalised support across a comprehensive range of wellbeing issues, such as mind, body, finances, community, career programs and HR support.
- We also offer a unique and competitive recognition programme called ‘You Matter’, awarding points as a ‘thank you’ for your work achievements, which can be spent on a large variety of high-quality items, as well as online or high-street vouchers, all with zero tax payable by the employee.
- We encourage and provide continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning, development opportunities and career frameworks.
- ICF also offers a range of competitive benefits, which include, but not limited to the following:
- Single Private Medical Insurance cover (Bupa), with no restrictions on providing treatment for existing medical conditions. Options available for broader partner or family level cover, plus we also offer dental insurance (Bupa) and an online GP service.
- 25 days annual leave, plus UK bank holidays (annual leave increases with years of service).
- Pension scheme with 5% of salary employer contribution (minimum employee contribution 4%).
- Life assurance paying 4x annual salary and Group Income Protection paying 66% of salary for up to 5 years if you are off work on long term sick.
- Enhanced parental leave policies, enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption, and shared parental pay.
London Riverscape (GB75)