Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
We are currently seeking a Research Specialist to serve on a multi-disciplinary team that conducts, analyzes, and reports on findings from epidemiological and clinical studies on behalf of the federal government. Candidates with prior experience in health research or related fields, inside and out of the classroom, are encouraged to apply.
- Scheduling internal and external meetings, setting agendas, writing minutes, and documenting action items
- Conducting searches of the published literature and other sources
- Collaborating with contract and project managers to develop timelines, budgets, and technical plans
- Assisting with development and maintenance of standard operating procedures and manuals and other ancillary documents
- Assisting with the development of participant recruitment and retention strategies, including placing ads, distributing flyers, posting to social media, identifying recruitment partners
- Supporting study team in receiving and responding to participant communications through telephone calls, mailings, and emails
- Assisting in the development of training manuals, job aids and other materials as needed for study operations
- Participating in development of participant surveys and other data collection tools, including testing and administration
- Supporting the preparations of reports and presentations
- Maintaining study and contract files, including training records, study documents, and regulatory documents
- Perform additional duties as required.
Basic Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, social sciences, business administration or related field with 1-2 years of research experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Organized, proficient at multi-tasking with outstanding attention to detail
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently
- Possesses cross-cultural awareness and is able to adapt appropriately
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)