Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Research Manager, Social Marketing
Research Manager, Social Marketing, Research and Evaluation
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference.
@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world.
Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring for a Research Manager, Communications and Social Marketing Research and Evaluation.
Our ideal candidate will be comfortable tackling projects across the spectrum of the portfolio as the team's work will include a diversity of projects including public health, energy, security, transportation, etc.
Working at ICF Next means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF Next employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. ICF Next delivers all the strategic communications and marketing services of a top-flight public relations agency, plus the domain expertise and resources of a leading international research and consulting firm. Our strategic health communications and social marketing work tackles some of society’s greatest challenges and drives audiences to make positive attitudinal and behavioral changes.
ICF Next’s Social Marketing research team needs an experienced senior research specialist to design, implement, and lead various research and evaluation projects. The team uses qualitative and quantitative methods (e.g., systematic reviews, environmental scans, in-depth interviews, focus groups, surveys, secondary data analyses, observations, content analyses, social media analyses) to conduct theory-based formative, process, and summative evaluation and strategic planning projects. The team’s work ultimately guides the planning, implementation, and evaluation of national communications and social marketing programs and activities.
The role requires research project management skills, the ability to lead and mentor junior staff members on a variety of research tasks, and an interest in collaborating across multiple ICF teams such as design, user experience, analytics, and survey research.
As a Research Manager, Social Marketing Research and Evaluation, you will:
- Independently lead research projects from start to finish, including developing a plan, selecting methods, conducting research, and crafting deliverable(s).
- Manage the design and execution of multiple, concurrent theory-based research and strategic planning projects, ensuring that work meets a high standard of quality within budgets and timelines.
- Review and provide feedback to team members on research and evaluation deliverables (e.g., research tools, reports, strategic plans, presentations, infographics).
- Spearhead the development of creative solutions to research and strategic planning problems.
- Lead reporting and dissemination of research efforts (e.g., via manuscripts, presentations, and posters).
- Lead submissions of research packages to an ICF’s Institutional Review Board (IRB) a data protection team, as well as the Office of Management and Budget (OMB).
- Support collaborations with other research and evaluation teams at ICF (e.g., related to digital analytics, user experience research).
- Support ICF’s thought leadership (e.g., via ICF webinars, ICF media relations, professional association events).
As a Research Manager, Social Marketing Research and Evaluation, you will have:
- Masters degree or Doctoral degree in marketing, communications, psychology, sociology, public health, or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with using a mix of qualitative and quantitative methods for formative, process, and summative evaluations that support health communication and social marketing programs.
- At least 5 years of experience with managing research projects, including developing and maintaining study research plans, timelines, staffing plans, and budgets.
- Experience with managing expectations from multiple stakeholders (e.g., program managers, clients).
- Experience with designing research and writing research sections of government proposals and/or grants.
- Experience with translating complex research results into recommendations or strategic plans to inform the development and refinement of programs.
- Experience with IRB, OMB, and data protection reviews.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate proficiency with qualitative (e.g., NVivo) and quantitative software (e.g., SAS, Stata, SPSS).
- Managing two or more direct reports, providing mentorship, overseeing their workload, and conducting performance reviews.
- Minimal travel will be required for this position (up to 10%)
Job Location(s): For this role candidates who are open to hybrid work schedules with one of our ICF offices or complete remote work arrangements will be cons
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is
$90,940.00 - $154,598.00
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)