Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Research Assistant - Energy
Research Assistant – Energy and Climate
London – Permanent and Full Time
ICF helps its clients to consider the impacts of policy choices on the environment, climate, society, health and the economy. We offer research, analysis and programme management services to policymakers in the UK Government, European Commission and national governments around Europe. We provide decision-makers with evidence on impacts, advice on how policies are working and analysis of the likely effects of proposed policies. Our work involves technical analysis and modelling, including substantial, repeated service work under UK and EC programmes.
Our Energy and Climate team works extensively on improving energy efficiency and mitigating greenhouse gas emissions at national and international level. Our experts work at the intersection of policy and practice, helping government and commercial clients worldwide devise effective energy and climate strategies and deliver implementation programmes.
For example, we are currently working on:
· Technical and economic analysis to underpin energy efficiency incentives
· Ecodesign and labelling regulations for a wide range of energy-using products
· Implementing grant support programmes for industrial energy efficiency and innovative, international climate policy technical assistance
· Implementing financial mechanisms to deploy innovative renewable energy and low carbon technologies at large scale
· Competitiveness analyses of the European low carbon industry
· Technical assistance to help EU Member States implement their National Energy and Climate Plans (NECPs)
· Sustainability programmes in industry and commerce
We would like to add Research Assistants to the Energy and Climate team, to contribute and expand all aspects of our work including our service offerings in energy-related product policy. This recruitment is for recent graduates with academic research experience.
Work as part of a team under supervision to:
· Support research, analysis, technical assistance and evaluation projects in energy-related product policy, focusing on energy efficient and low carbon technologies.
· Support the modelling of environmental, economic and social impacts and evidenced cost-benefit analyses on energy-related product policies.
· Engage with stakeholders through both quantitative and qualitative survey and technical-economic analysis tasks.
· Support quantitative and qualitative survey and technical-economic analysis tasks and translate complex data into meaningful and impactful reports.
· Prepare data sets using incomplete data/evidence and develop reasoned assumptions to fill gaps.
· Report analytical outputs in a clear, concise manner to a non-technical audience.
· Maintain appropriate records / uphold quality assurance integrity.
· Support business development activities.
· Fluency in spoken English and excellent English writing skills.
· Bachelor’s degree in environmental economics, finance, engineering or a related discipline
· Understanding of low carbon and energy efficiency technologies and their commercial deployment in domestic, business, commercial and/or industrial sectors.
· Understanding of economic and environmental impact assessment methodologies (e.g., Cost Benefit Analysis, Life Cycle Assessments)
· Understanding of broader energy efficiency and environmental impacts / circular economy.
· Understanding of climate policy issues, including climate change mitigation measures.
· Strong qualitative and quantitative analysis capability, including advanced knowledge of Excel and equivalent tools.
· Proven communication skills and track record in the field of stakeholder engagement.
· Ability to work within multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary consulting teams spread across several countries and time zones.
· Post-graduate research experience
· Masters’ degree in environmental economics, finance, engineering or a related discipline.
· Understanding of good practice social research techniques, including literature reviews, rapid evidence assessments, surveys and interviews.
· Understanding of the UK/EU energy efficiency / renewable energy policy framework.
· Strong VBA programming skills in Excel.
· Fluency in a second EU language.
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigour to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) provides professional services and technology solutions that deliver beneficial impact in areas critical to the world's future. Since 1969, we have combined a passion for our work with deep industry expertise to tackle our clients' most important challenges. We partner with clients around the globe—advising, executing, innovating—to help them define and achieve success. Our more than 7,000 employees serve government and commercial clients from more than 70 offices worldwide. ICF's website is www.icf.com.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
London Riverscape (GB75)