Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Research Assistant - Energy
Research Assistant – Energy & Climate Policy and Sustainable Finance
Brussels – Permanent and Full Time
ICF is a leading provider of science-based energy, climate and environmental advisory services to private and public sector clients across the globe. Building on 40+ years of experience in energy and climate policies, we help our clients throughout their transition pathway from the understanding of this rapidly evolving landscape to the design and implementation of impactful strategies and actions plans all the way to their evaluation.
To support the rapid growth of our European Policy and Sustainable Finance practice, we are looking for two research assistants to join our team in Brussels. The successful candidates will join a dynamic team providing strategic advice on various aspects of sustainable finance and climate policies to the European Commission, Member State governments, European financial institutions and development finance institutions.
Projects we are currently delivering—or have recently completed—include:
· Implementing financial mechanisms to deploy innovative renewable energy and low carbon technologies at large-scale at both the EU and Member State level
· Development of Guidance on the EU Taxonomy
· Evaluating the impact of green bonds on supporting climate mitigation investments
· Development of a Sustainable Green Bond framework for an EU Member State
· Analysing investment needs in the EU to 2050 to achieve a climate-neutral economy
· Competitiveness analyses of the European low carbon supply side industry
· Managing a network that raises the importance of biodiversity in business and finance
· Technical assistance to help EU Member States implement their National Energy and Climate Plans (NECPs)
Work as part of a multi-national, collaborative team of environmental economists, engineers and social scientists under supervision to:
· Support robust and sound qualitative and quantitative analysis and translate complex data into meaningful and impactful reports
· Help deliver energy and climate contracts for public and private sector clients
· Engage with stakeholders through both quantitative and qualitative survey and technical-economic analysis tasks
· Maintain appropriate records and uphold quality assurance integrity
· Support business development activities
· Fluency in spoken English and excellent English writing skills
· Master’s degree in environmental economics, finance, engineering or a related discipline
· Expertise in low carbon market economics, low carbon technologies, environmental transition or sustainable finance
· Practical knowledge of EU energy, environment and climate policy framework, especially in the field of sustainable finance
· Strong qualitative and quantitative analysis capability, including advanced knowledge of Excel and equivalent tools
· Proven communication skills and track record in the field of stakeholder engagement, especially within the business and finance community
· Ability to work within multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary consulting teams spread across several countries and time zones
· Post-graduate research experience.
· Masters’ degree in environmental economics, finance, engineering or a related discipline
· Experience researching financial instruments supporting the low-carbon transition
· Fluency in a second EU language
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigour to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) provides professional services and technology solutions that deliver beneficial impact in areas critical to the world's future. Since 1969, we have combined a passion for our work with deep industry expertise to tackle our clients' most important challenges. We partner with clients around the globe—advising, executing, innovating—to help them define and achieve success. Our more than 7,000 employees serve government and commercial clients from more than 70 offices worldwide. ICF's website is www.icf.com.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Brussels, Belgium (BE75)