Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Research Analyst, Workforce Innovations & Poverty Solutions
Research Analyst, Workforce Innovations and Poverty Solutions (WIPS) Team
The WIPS Team works to improve the conditions of America's most at-risk populations-reaching out directly to the populations in need, as well as providing strategic consulting support to human services agencies throughout the United States. WIPS provides rigorous research, evaluation, and technical assistance to address a diverse set of critical social issue areas including employment and workforce programs, poverty solutions, fatherhood and family support initiatives, and interventions for vulnerable families and communities. Our work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals the latitude they need to perform work that parallels their passions.
We are seeking candidates for a Research Analyst position to work on multiple data analysis, and research and evaluation projects. The successful candidate will join our team in our Fairfax, Virginia or Los Angeles, California offices.
- Perform background research on specified topics and synthesize material in the form of literature, systematic reviews, evaluation reports, and policy/practitioner briefs.
- Manage databases, clean/process data using statistical analysis software such as SPSS, Stata, or SAS.
- Analyze quasi-experimental data using basic and advanced statistical methods.
- Provide support to return on investment (ROI) data analysis, product development, and presentations.
- Provide foundational quantitative method research and evaluation support (such as programming in statistical software and basic statistical analyses).
- Develop and maintain protocols, templates, and tracking tools.
- Bachelor's degree in public policy, sociology, statistics, economics, or related field
- Minimum 1 year of work experience in applied social science research and evaluation related to statistical analyses and software (i.e., SPSS, SAS, and Stata).
- Understanding and proficiency in quasi-experimental designs, data collection, administering surveys, interview and focus groups.
- Superior technical writing skills including editing ability (writing sample is required with application).
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills, superior attention to detail, and ability to meet stringent deadlines.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Superior interpersonal skills including professionalism and a collaborative attitude.
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritize, work independently, and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and eager to learn.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)