Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Research Analyst, Workforce Innovations and Poverty Solutions
ICF is a mission-driven company filled with people who care deeply about improving the lives of others and making the world a better place. Our core values include Embracing Difference; we seek candidates who are passionate about building a culture that encourages, embraces, and hires dimensions of difference. Diversity & Inclusion, is simply who we are and what we do.
The Workforce Innovations and Poverty Solutions (WIPS) Team within ICF’s Public Sector Group works to improve the conditions of America's most at-risk populations-reaching out directly to the populations in need, as well as providing strategic consulting support to human services agencies throughout the United States. WIPS provides rigorous research, evaluation, and technical assistance to address a diverse set of critical social issue areas including employment and workforce programs, poverty solutions, family support initiatives, human trafficking, and interventions for vulnerable families and communities. Our work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals the latitude they need to perform work that parallels their passions.
We are seeking candidates for a Research Analyst position to work on a large human services project providing training, technical assistance, and Web site and help desk support.
The successful candidate will join our team in our Fairfax, Virginia office.
Provide support to training and technical assistance contracts including:
- Assist with developing and preparing written and web products, training materials.
- Respond to user and client inquiries on help desks with a customer service-focused attitude.
- Provide project support on-site or virtually for webinars, facilitated online training sessions, exhibits, conferences, grant reviews, and /or meetings.
- Develop and maintain protocols, templates, and tracking tools.
- Perform background research and synthesize material in the form of literature reviews, systematic evidence reviews, evaluation reports, and policy/practitioner briefs.
- Bachelor's degree in public policy, sociology, statistics, economics, or related field.
- Interest in human services programs
- Familiarity with monitoring email lists and project mailboxes, drafting and sending listserv messages, newsletters, preparing written and web products.
- Superior technical writing skills including editing ability (writing sample is required with application).
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong organizational skills, superior attention to detail, and ability to meet stringent deadlines.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Superior interpersonal skills including professionalism and a collaborative attitude.
- Ability to be flexible, multi-task, prioritize, work independently, and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and eager to learn.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)