Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
ICF is currently looking for a talented Full Stack Developer (Node.js) to support a large federal IT system modernization to improve the lives of children in foster care. You will work with our customer and program subject matter experts to help in modernization efforts with cutting edge Cloud technologies. In this role you will be on the front lines of modernizing and enhancing our end user experiences while working with the best and brightest in User Experience, Development, Requirements Analysis and Quality Assurance Testing.
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer who is customer focused and passionate about helping large government agencies modernize. This role can be remote, sitting anywhere in the US (preferably east coast) with travel to the Washington DC area approximately 4 times a year for team meetings.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with others to define and implement optimal, complete solutions based on stakeholder needs.
- Design and code back-end and front-end web based software as part of a distributed cloud-based application.
- Generate, capture, apply, and share best practices in multiple technical domains using various technology products and services.
- Ensure solutions are developed and packaged in an easily consumable and repeatable way for customers and internal technical teams.
What you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related scientific or technical discipline
- US Citizenship or Green Card. Employment must be compliant with eligibility for Public Trust due to Government Contract
- 8 or more years as a full-stack or back-end developer of web-based enterprise systems
- 5 or more years developing and deploying applications to the AWS Cloud
What we'd like you to have:
- Experience developing serverless applications using AWS Lambda
- Front-end development experience with React
- Strong experience with SQL and database development
- Exposure to containerization using Docker
- Experience using IaC such as Terraform or CloudFormation
What you'll love about working here:
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Generous vacation and retirement plans
- Employee support program
- Participation in charity initiatives
Technologies you’ll use:
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Remote Office (VA99)