Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Regulatory Policy Manager
Are you looking to work on current and emerging policy issues and regulatory programs? Do you want to apply your education and experience to help government agencies improve the way they develop and implement regulations, policies, and programs? Our Regulatory, Policy & Economics (RPE) portfolio has over 30 years of experience supporting the design, implementation, and improvement of federal programs and is seeking a regulatory policy manager to join them.
Join our multidisciplinary team of regulatory specialists, policy analysts, economists, and attorneys. We combine legal, policy, economic, and scientific research and analysis to solve unique public policy challenges through innovative, accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services. Our dynamic work environment involves working on multiple projects simultaneously, and providing a wide range of support services for a variety of Federal clients. The full-time position will be located in Fairfax, VA (with flexibility for telework considered) and is available immediately.
Ideal candidates will have experience supporting U.S. federal agencies in developing rulemakings and managing tasks/projects and teams of staff to work toward a milestone or deliverable. Ideal candidates also will employ strong research, policy analysis, and writing skills to contribute to policy papers and technical background documents, stakeholder and public comment reports, and other rulemaking-related documents. This candidate will help manage interdisciplinary teams supporting federal government clients who develop and implement regulatory programs affecting the environment, energy, homeland security and immigration, labor and workforce issues, public health, nutrition, transportation, and other national priorities. Duties also will include contributing to business development and portfolio growth.
What you’ll do…
- Participating in or managing short- and long-term engagements to support federal clients whose responsibilities are to develop policies and craft regulations that implement a desired policy, explain the rationale of the rulemaking to interested parties, and implement the regulatory requirements
- Immersing oneself rapidly in varied projects for multiple clients
- Analyzing public comments and writing comment summaries on controversial projects
- Managing project teams and developing and monitoring project budgets and schedules
- Providing day-to-day technical direction to project staff
- Managing day-to-day client relationships, ensuring client satisfaction and working to develop long-term client relationships
- Identifying client needs and working with others to pursue regulatory support follow-on work or new business opportunities
- Developing recommendations
- Drafting reports and presentations
- Master's degree (JD, MPP, or equivalent)
- Demonstrated understanding of the federal rulemaking process
- U.S. Citizenship is required per federal contracts
- Ability to obtain and maintain a moderate-level government security clearance
- Experience managing and providing day to day oversight of individuals or teams
- Experience developing and monitoring project budgets and schedules
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, organizational, and decision-making skills are essential
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Detail-oriented and team-oriented approach
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint); and
- Time management strategies
- 5+ years of experience working on projects related to federal regulatory programs and issues and involving research, analysis, and writing
- Relevant work experience with the federal rulemaking process
- Experience pursuing new business or development of business proposals
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)