Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Regional Malaria Coordinator- Garoua
ICF is seeking a Regional Malaria Coordinator for an anticipated USAID-funded malaria project in the North region of Cameroon, SEMBE II. Stronger health systems require strengthened capacity at the community, sub-national, and national levels. At ICF we intentionally partner with national and international organizations such as USAID, to ensure all global health efforts reinforce self-reliance. ICF has conducted multiple Demographic and Health Surveys in Cameroon since 1991 and has been working in Cameroon on infectious disease projects since 2018.
SEMBE II will support the implementation of health facility- and community-based malaria interventions in the North Region. The team will work closely with the malaria focal points in the North Regional Health Office and the District Health Management Teams to support training, supportive supervision, social and behavior change interventions, monitoring and surveillance, and decision making. The Regional Malaria Coordinator will be responsible for managing the project’s activities in the North Region coordinating with the project technical advisors and liaising with the regional health delegation and other USAID implementing partners. The position is based in Garoua.
The Regional Malaria Coordinator will be responsible for managing the implementation of the project’s activities in the North region. Specific activities include
- Coordinating with the Regional Delegation, other U.S. President’s Malaria Initiative implementing partners, and other stakeholders to implement malaria interventions across the region
- Managing a team of technical advisors and district coordinators who are responsible for implementing project activities at the district level
- Ensuring that district-level work plans are developed and managed within budget
- Engaging with the Deputy Chief of Party and Capacity Building Advisor for technical guidance
- Coordinating with the project’s finance and operations team to ensure financial integrity
- Reporting on project activities to the Deputy Chief of Party
- Bachelor’s degree in medicine, nursing, or public health (a graduate degree in these topics can substitute for a different bachelor’s degree)
- 8+ years of experience in providing medical care or working with the Cameroon Ministry of Health (a master’s degree can substitute for 2 years of experience)
- 5+ years of experience managing people
- 5+ years of experience managing health activities
- 5+ years of experience working with regional health offices or district management teams
- 3+ years of experience conducting supportive supervision
- 3+ years of experience using health information to inform programming
- Ability to work in Cameroon
- Master’s degree in nursing, public health, or epidemiology
- Experience working in the health sector in the North region of Cameroon
- Experience working with community-based health care workers
- Strong knowledge and understanding of malaria case management (diagnosis and treatment) both at health facility and community levels.
- Experience conducting adult training on medical issues
- Experience in adult education
- Experience in social and behavior change
- Familiar with malaria prevention and treatment interventions
- Interest in digital solutions for health
- Advanced professional proficiency in French or English
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.