Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Environmental & Transportation Planner
Project Manager Environmental & Transportation
We are the Environment & Planning Division. We are passionate about doing what’s right for our clients, our people, the communities where we live and work, and the environment. We are planners, scientists, program managers, communicators, economists, technologists, and strategists. We are collaborative, curious, and committed to excellence—these are qualities we value that make us who we are and inspire us to grow. If you perform well in a fast-paced, engaging and collaborative environment, and would like to work with a diverse team of industry professionals, we encourage you to learn more about ICF (www.icf.com) and consider applying to join our team.
ICF is seeking an experienced Environmental Planner to serves as a Project Manager or Deputy Project Manager. This role will be remote as we continue to move through the pandemic, but once on-site work resumes, you may be required to work from the Sacramento, CA office. The option to stay remote may also be considered.
You will work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with senior ICF professional staff, as well as with client and stakeholder staff, on a variety of complex transportation projects for local agencies and the California Department of Transportation. This is a manager-track position that offers a challenging and rewarding growth opportunity in a supportive environment. This position includes direct interaction with multidisciplinary teams, clients to achieve their goals for the environmental documentation phase of transportation projects, development and implementation of strategies for project delivery, and interaction with resource agencies to navigate environmental regulations.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- Leading all aspects of a transportation project, including personnel allocation/planning, technical approach, and subcontractor involvement, with support from senior staff.
- Leading/coordinating preparation of project deliverables (reports, presentations, technical memorandums) with focus on regulatory compliance and technical accuracy.
- Monitoring project scopes, schedules, budgets, and invoices.
- Organizing and facilitating meetings (such as preparing agendas, developing and presenting meeting content, and preparing summaries).
- Communicating with clients, stakeholders, and agency staff.
- Authoring and reviewing analytical sections of environmental documents.
- Contributing to business development efforts and writing proposals for new business.
WHAT YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's degree in transportation and/or environmental planning, environmental policy or science, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience, preferably in environmental consulting, or working for a federal/state environmental agency
- 3+ years of experience working with and managing complex documents related to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), and other environmental regulations
- Experience implementing Caltrans’ standard environmental reference procedures
- Experience with local government/transportation projects
- Experience preparing CEQA and NEPA documents and managing or assisting with management of project teams
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience with Clean Water Act (CWA) and the Endangered Species Act (ESA)
- Experience coordinating with resource agencies
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Sacramento, CA (CA82)