Strategic Communications Specialist – Disaster Recovery - Florida
ICF is seeking a Strategic Communications Specialist who will support our client to develop public-facing communications for public awareness campaigns including but not limited to: program fact sheets, website content, social media content and graphics, direct mail, and other public information materials.
The Strategic Communications Specialist will also assist with implementation of outreach efforts in accordance with an outreach plan to be developed and approved by our clients. Communications and outreach campaigns will support disaster recovery programs for Single-Family, Buyout and Acquisition, and Small Rental.
- Work with the Communications lead to implement communications strategies that resonate with target populations (e.g. Limited English Proficiency, low income, limited education, special needs and elderly) to promote recovery programs and encourage application.
- Coordinate with internal teams and resources to develop compelling communications materials that utilize traditional marketing and social media tactics.
- Engage with operations and policy teams to develop materials that explain complex program requirements and processes in an easy-to-understand manner.
- In conjunction with the Communications Lead, analyze and prepare program data to illustrate measurable results of communications and outreach efforts.
- Prepare talking points, reports and other communications materials to respond to public reporting requests.
- BS or BA degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Advertising, Journalism or related field
- 5 years of previous relevant experience
- Proven public communications and community engagement experience
- Previous disaster recovery or other high visibility public program communications experience
- Managing a project from start to finish. Conceptualizing and aligning with the client interacting with the editors, designers, production managers through completion of projects.
- Ability to quickly respond to media and public communications challenges
- Ability to research issues and offer swift solution/resolution
- Can-do attitude and willingness to jump in where needed
- Detail oriented and precise
- Responsive to feedback
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism and cooperative attitude
- Excellent client relationship skills working in a dynamic client environment
- Results-driven, creative thinker with innovative approach to problem solving
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet aggressive deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel
This job is a Section 3 eligible job opportunity. We encourage applications from individuals that are low income and/or living in Public Housing.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Florida Client Office (FL88)