Energy Markets Consultant – Analytics
Energy Markets Consultant – Analytics
Demand Side Management Analytics Team
To support our growth, we are hiring for consultant position to work in our DSM Analytics practice. You will contribute to the development of innovative, accurate, timely, and high-quality products and services, typically working on multiple projects with all levels of staff. The DSM Analytics team is a leader in US Utility DSM planning, program design, and program implementation analytics. Our thorough understanding of our clients’ needs and our ability to connect the practical on the ground experience enables us to help clients make big things possible.
At ICF you will have an opportunity to apply your academic knowledge and prior industry experience, gain exposure to major projects, interact with experts and clients in the field, and grow your content knowledge and consulting skills. Analytics consultants advance in our practice by developing an area of special competence, with increasing responsibility for project management and client contact in their area of competence.
- Assist with DSM potential studies, program planning, preparation of DSM fillings and other regulatory support for US utilities and/or government agencies.
- Assist with developing and designing innovative DSM program strategies; and optimizing DSM portfolios for our clients
- Conducting market research on various energy efficiency technologies including DSM measure adoption, saturation, feasibility, etc.
- Advanced energy saving calculations and economic analyses for the residential and commercial sectors supporting utility energy efficiency and demand response programs
- Oversee market research and development of industry expertise on energy efficiency and demand response technologies
- Assist with the evaluation and benchmarking of DSM program performance
- Managing and analyzing large datasets using advanced Excel functions; presenting analytical outputs using PowerBI, R and/or Python visualization tools
- Preparing and presenting persuasive presentations
- Co-authoring reports and other client deliverables journal articles, white papers and marketing pieces
- Master’s degree in Mechanical, Architectural or Electrical Engineering, Building Science, Energy Management, Energy Policy and Planning, or related subjects
- 2+ years of related energy industry experience, including experience in DSM program potential studies, preparation of DSM plans/fillings, DSM program design and/or implementation
- In depth understanding of economic valuation such as NPV/IRR, and cost-effectiveness tests
- Knowledge of market adoption forecasting methodologies for DSM technologies
- Knowledge of evaluation, measurement, and verification of energy efficiency
- Understanding of US energy codes and standards for residential and commercial buildings, such as IECC codes and ASHRAE standards
- Understanding of building science and building energy saving calculation
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, including advanced programming experience with Excel and Visual Basic
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Experience and knowledge of energy storage systems and/or electric vehicles
- Knowledge of energy policy and regulation, especially related to DSM and other distributed energy resources. Experience in regulatory and public stakeholder processes would be highly valued.
- Experience managing a team of energy efficiency analysts and engineers
- Experience with business development and client development
- Experience with energy saving calculation using Technical Resource Manuals (TRM) and other engineering guidelines such as ASHRAE fundamentals
- Experience with energy modeling tools (e.g., OpenStudio, EnergyPlus)
- Advanced programming and data analytics skills
- Knowledge of building construction methods, mechanical systems and related energy use in residential and commercial construction
- Demonstrates trustworthiness and upholds the highest ethical standards
- Ensures that information flows effectively to others
- Identifies, collects and analyzes the information needed to solve a problem effectively
- Clearly expresses ideas, thoughts, and concepts in writing
- Organizes written work in a manner that is clear, easy to follow, and tailored for the intended audience
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Toronto, Canada (CD80)