ICF is currently seeking an experienced Software Developer to develop, test, document, and delivers systems software to meet client needs in compliance with functional, security, and privacy requirements for a large scale DoD program located in Adelphi, MD.
- Troubleshoots coding / configuration / installation issues of basic to medium complexity.
- Supports the development of detailed specifications and engage in application design and data modeling discussions.
- Participate in developing and enforcing data security policies.
- Participate in capacity monitoring and planning. Build, maintain and execute unit test cases with high code coverage.
- Responsible for sound and high quality technical deliverables.
- Analyze and estimate timelines for sprints and releases.
- Work in an Agile environment and adapt to the changing needs and requirements of the business.
- Develop and fix issues with highest quality.
- Work closely with team members to create test plans, and ensure the issues are properly identified, fixed and tested.
- Develop all code incorporating the best practices.
- Craft and extend a variety of application programming interfaces for analytic platforms serving cybersecurity operations.
- Create, implement, update, and sustain several cyber analysis user interface tools with a heavy reliance on a variety of API mechanisms for current DoD clients. Working collaboratively with a small development operations (DevOps) based project team.
- Responsible for several interfaces across a variety of cybersecurity operational capabilities with a focus on data-driven analytics, situational awareness, and agent-based actions. Proactively learn product frameworks and code base.
- Hands on working with ElasticSearch backend, including querying and aggregation for building simple and complex summaries of data.
- Working with SCALA and JAVA created user interfaces as part of a larger big data analytics type framework supporting cybersecurity operations.
- Design and implement new API features and functionality, as well as updating current API capabilities based on mission need.
- Building RESTful API for web single page application/s.
- Analyze requirements from clients to derive software design and performance requirements.
- Engineer requirements from clients into new features and functionality.
- Designing and writing new software or existing software to add new features.
- Debugging existing software and correcting defects.
- Write and review software system documentation and integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Test and maintain code base and adjust to varying development schedules as dictated by project needs.
- 3+ years of professional experience designing and developing new features or functionality for web-based applications
- 3+ years of API development experience.
- Proven experience working across multiple tiers of an application, including backend data store (database, Elasticsearch), network, operating system, and virtual environments. Proficiency with Scala and Java is a must.
- Experience with Spring and Play Frameworks.
- Understanding of NoSQL databases and JSON. Experience with application servers (Jetty, etc.).
- Experience with Python.
- Excellent object-oriented design and programming skills.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Security clearance required
- Initiative and a personal interest in Information Technology Security
- People skills and the ability to communicate effectively with various clients with the ability to explain and elaborate on technical details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)