SOC Senior Security Engineer
ICF seeks an experienced Security Operation Center (SOC) Senior Security Engineer to advise and assist the Government Security Architect with maintenance and update of the architecture of a large federal client's SOC implementation. The program’s objectives are to monitor, detect, analyze, mitigate and respond to cyber events, incidents and potential adversarial activity on a large federal enterprise that includes an enterprise SOC and several satellite component organization SOCs operating 24x7x365. The SOC Security Engineer’s purview includes SOC infrastructure, to include hardware and software, and for controlling and managing the lifecycle of all SOC changes with minimum disruption to SOC services. The SOC Senior Security Engineer ensures that the SOC platform itself is available and operational. This includes the shared application and technical services, as well as the system software, middleware, information systems infrastructure, networks and data center components.
- Active Security Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT discipline
- CISSP Certification
- At least 8 years cyber security engineering experience, 2 of which includes providing engineering support to a federal government SOC environment
- Experience designing and leading implementation of continuous diagnostics and mitigation (CDM) tools and capabilities
- Experience designing, implementing and maintaining an enterprise Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solution
- Experience working with Federal Enterprise Architecture programs
- Enterprise security architecture analysis, design and implementation experience
- Experience and expertise with the implementation of federal cybersecurity policy including NIST’s Risk Management Framework
- Familiarity with continuous diagnostics and mitigation (CDM) requirements, tools and capabilities
- Experience providing engineering support of information systems high availability solution design, implementation and operation
- Master’s Degree and 10 years cyber cybersecurity engineering experience
- Industry certifications in networking, cloud, forensics, windows, Linux, virtualization
- Experience with digital media forensics tools and procedures
- Experience outfitting cybersecurity incident response fly-away teams
- Experience implementing commercial off the shelf cybersecurity product evaluation and selection methodologies
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Washington, DC (DC02)