Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Scientific Data Analyst - Lead
Our public health group is growing and we’re currently seeking a Data Manager Team Lead to work in Atlanta, GA.
The Division of HIV/AIDS Prevention−Surveillance and Epidemiology (DHAP−SE) provides national leadership for HIV prevention research and surveillance and the development and testing of effective biomedical interventions to reduce HIV transmission and HIV disease progression in the United States and internationally. The purpose of these activities is to guide the development, implementation, and evaluation of evidence-based HIV prevention programs serving persons affected by, or at risk for, HIV infection. Branches of DHAP-SE include:
- The Epidemiology Branch designs and conducts epidemiologic, behavioral, and biomedical intervention studies in the United States and internationally to determine risk factors and modes of transmission of HIV infection and to reduce HIV infection and disease progression.
- The HIV Incidence and Case Surveillance Branch conducts a national program of surveillance and research to monitor and characterize the HIV/AIDS epidemic, and its determinants and impact, to guide public health action at federal, state, and local levels. This program includes surveillance of HIV infection and AIDS in collaboration with state and local health departments to provide population-based data for research, evaluation, and prevention at the national, state, and local levels.
- The Behavioral and Clinical Surveillance Branch implements scientifically rigorous HIV research studies and surveillance systems that meet critical local, state, and national HIV prevention needs for characterizing persons who are at risk for HIV infection or who have recently acquired HIV or have HIV-related morbidities. The branch also develops and demonstrates best practices of laboratory and prevention technologies to efficiently move them from development into public health practice.
The Scientific Data Analyst - Lead will analyze quantitative epidemiological, clinical and/or behavioral data and provide output in the format requested in additional to supporting and leading a contract team of other data experts. Some specific responsibilities include:
- Developing SAS code to comprehensively clean datasets, complete quality control checks, and create final, analysis-ready datasets.
- Developing written procedures that document the processes taken to manage data or review the quality of dataset.
- Writing detailed data reports that describe the analysis conducted and presents the analysis results.
- Developing Data Management Plans for new studies and projects.
- Work with Epidemiologists, Data Stewards, Data Managers, and other Data Analysts.
- Design and implement study database.
- Write SAS code for cleaning datasets generated by studies.
- Coordinate and assist study sites in improving the uniformity of data collection.
- Evaluate data errors and work to resolve data problems.
- Provide data summary reports for each study on a weekly/quarterly basis as requested.
- Work with the biostatistician to create an analysis dataset.
- Possibility of traveling to study site to resolve data cleaning/data quality issues and provide training regarding good data management practice.
- Managing a team of data managers, data analyst, and project coordinators assigned to the contract.
- Being a liaison between ICF, data management team, and our federal partners.
- Master’s degree in Public Health or related field
- 4+ years developing data management & analysis plans and data dictionaries in a public health setting
- 4+ years SAS programming experience
- Experience assisting with research papers or presentations
- Skills/experience in qualitative or quantitative coding of data
- Skills/experience with analysis of administrative databases
- Doctorate in Public Health or related field
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and teams
- Knowledge/experience with HIV prevention research/programs
- Detail oriented and able to create meticulous documentation of variables, datasets and data attributes
- Ability to produce data dictionaries and codebooks
- Willingness to share code and work within a team to achieve desired outcomes
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to supervise, and work as a member of a diverse team.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Georgia Client Office (GA88)