Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is seeking an experienced Contracts Manager to manage a team of contracts administrators in a growing and dynamic group with a portfolio that includes federal, state and local, international and commercial contracts. This position will be supporting our Social, Environment, Energy, & Development Solutions (SEEDS) Division. SEEDS offers services to address sustainability and management; justice and community development; family self-sufficiency; and international health. The ideal candidate will have management experience, experience with business volume/price proposal development as well as knowledge and expertise handling day-to-day contract administration in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities. The position will be based in Fairfax, VA and may require intermittent travel to other ICF offices or customer locations.
What you will do:
- Handle multiple bid opportunities, proposal work, negotiations, contract award and administration of the resultant contracts in a very fast-paced environment.
- Independently establish direct working relationship with senior account leaders and sales team members.
- Develop cost/price proposals to address requirements and mitigates risk consistent with sound business practices, company policies, and government regulations.
- Proactively assess critical contract obligations and contract provisions, to include gaps and risks. Advise on contract revisions to better meet the needs of the Client and ICF.
- Notify management and appropriate Program Management of potential non-compliance and other problems that could have an adverse impact on the company, specifically advising on contractual rights and obligations, interpreting terms and conditions and government regulations.
- Help facilitate the proper coordination of various types of agreements and other contract/legal documents with other corporate functions, such as accounting, legal, tax, etc.
- Review team member work products and negotiates contract documents as required within the limits of authority delegated by the management in compliance with customer requirements, corporate policies and pertinent regulations.
- Manage up to 4 people in this fact-paced environment, supporting activities in a diverse markets.
- Provide mentoring to team members to develop negotiation, price proposal and contract administration skills and build upon skillsets of the team to ensure growth and development of each individual member.
- Ensure proactive maintenance of contracts documentation consistent with established ICF practices
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience)
- 5+ years of experience in contracts administration
- 1+ years of management/supervisory experience
- Strong knowledge and experience with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), and other federal regulations, as well as experience with state legislation and regulations
- Experience with writing and managing business/price volume proposals
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proactive attitude in providing guidance and advice to project teams, as well as to the contracts team
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Ability to build solid business relationships with both internal external customers
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organization skills
- Extensive experience and skills with various computer programs required (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
What we would like:
- Master's degree or JD
- Experience supporting IDIQs, GWACs, or BPAs
- Knowledge of the USAID Acquisition Regulation (AIDAR)
- Experience working with international non-governmental organizations, and international financial institutions
- State and local as well as grants experience a plus
- CFCM and/or CPCM a plus
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)