Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Cloud System Engineer
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
The candidate will provide Systems Engineering and Administration support in a large-scale 24x7 operation. The operating environment utilizes Dell workstations & servers running Red Hat Enterprise Linux and CentOS Linux operating system. Candidate will be part of a team that is responsible for management of a large number of remote systems as well as multiple clustered server environments.
- Perform software installation and maintenance.
- Troubleshoot and fix hardware/software problems on local and remote systems.
- Build and configure workstations and servers.
- Address vulnerabilities found during security audits and properly document risk mitigations.
- Communicate with customers to plan and support deployments and perform troubleshooting.
- Minimal travel to customer sites across the country to perform system installations.
- Provide occasional off-hour response to emergency situations
- Security Clearance required
- 2 years relevant IT experience: 2 years’ experience in Information Systems and/or security experience with at least 1 of those years in network software and hardware and a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in work experience.
- Ability to become DoD 8570 compliant by obtaining/maintaining required certifications such as SSCP, Security+, or CEH.
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience with system monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Strong working knowledge of Linux (e.g. implementing and maintaining services such as DHCP, DNS, TFTP, LDAP, NFS, PXEBOOT, CRON).
- Familiarity with DoD and Army policies and procedures.
- Experience documenting technical standards and procedures.
- Working knowledge of networking technology including, switches, firewalls, and routers.
- Working knowledge of two or more of the following technologies:
- Apache Hadoop, Apache Accumulo, Apache Storm, Apache Webserver + SSL.
- Linux Kernel Virtual Machine (KVM), VMWare ESX/ESXi, Clustering/Distributed Computing.
- Puppet, Cobbler, RAID, Cloudera Manager, Apache Ambari.
- PostgreSQL, MySQL, Python scripting/frameworks (Jinja, Django, Gunicorn, Flask, CherryPy).
- The ability to multi-task and work independently or as part of a team depending on the project.
- Provide quality customer service.
- Willing to take the initiative.
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks and adapt to changing situations.
- Ability to effectively contribute in meetings with senior management.
- Willingness to take ownership and accountability for tasks related to projects.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement
Maryland Client Office (MD88)