Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF seeks a GRC Specialist to support the Governance, Risk and Compliance capabilities in the cyber security area for our federal client. In this role you will utilize your experience as a cyber security professional to provide policy, program and risk management support to our federal client in maturing their Information Security Program. This position is part of a large, business analysis and management support services contract for a federal civilian agency and is based on our client site in Arlington, VA.
What you’ll be doing:
- Interface with cyber security and technical subject matter experts to gather information to inform policy statements, and develop/update organizational policies accordingly.
- Use your experience with the NIST standards and special publications to maintain and update security policies, technical guidance, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Develop, review, analyze, document, and maintain current and new security process documents including but not limited to SOPs, templates, plans, manuals, workflows, requirements documents, job aids, web content, and other security guidance documentation.
- Perform periodic reviews of documentation and current publications to identify and inform recommendations for improving policies, processes, and procedures based on new and/or evolving Federal standards, requirements and/or guidelines.
- Provide planning, documentation, logistics, and execution support for cyber security and risk management meetings, including meeting facilitation and documenting associated meeting minutes.
- Develop and maintain content related to the client’s Information Security Program on the client Intranet and SharePoint Site(s).
- Lend cybersecurity and risk management expertise to a diverse set of enterprise programs and initiatives.
- Research, review, monitor, and report on industry best practices, latest cyber security developments and trends, standards, and guidelines, and apply these to the Federal environment.
- Identify and implement process improvement initiatives that contribute to and enhance the efficacy of the client’s Information Security Program.
- Direct experience with FISMA/NIST standards and special publications is required.
- Direct experience with NIST 800-53 rev.4
- Direct experience with NIST 800-37 rev. 2 (RMF)
- Experience working with Federal clients
- Familiarity with and experience assisting Federal agencies implement and align organizational security policies and practices to NIST Standards as well as Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) policies and directives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with the ATO process
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years’ experience in implementing Cybersecurity and risk management best practices in Federal agencies
- Certifications that are strongly preferred (not required): CISA, CISSP, CISM and/or other security certifications
- Experience developing and/or analyzing security policy.
- Experience in designing and implementing security standards and best practices.
- Hands-on experience using content management systems, specifically Adobe CQ5, and experience as a SharePoint Administrator
- Hands-on experience in establishing and maturing an organization’s Security Program.
- Program/project management experience.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven track record of providing high quality professional services to Federal clients.
- Demonstrated history of positive customer-oriented interactions.
- Aptitude for working autonomously in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize according to changing circumstances.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity).
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Virginia Client Office (VA88)