Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Part Time - Junior Editor
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
The Data Collections and Management Solutions portfolio seeks a Part Time Junior Editor to work variable hours (must have availability weeknights and weekends) supporting a team of project managers, programmers, survey methodologists, data analysts, and data collection and technical support staff on a data collection, analysis, and storage contract for the National Science Foundation (NSF). This individual will contribute to the development of high-quality products and services in support of NSF’s Directorate for Education and Human Resources program monitoring data collections. Primary responsibilities include editing a wide range of assignments, including reports, Web site content, presentations, and training and conference materials
This position will work directly with staff to provide editing technical expertise. Qualified candidates should be able to work quickly, accurately, and collaboratively to meet deadlines. Must be flexible to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
This is a remote, on-call position and may be worked from home. Candidates able to work within the EST time zone preferred.
- Edit documents for consistency in style, voice, word usage, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Check the format of various documents, including text, headings, reference citations, charts/tables, graphics, and figures.
- Provide excellent customer service, communicate effectively with internal clients, and meet project deadlines.
- Adhere closely to our house style and client style guidelines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, psychology, or another writing-intensive major.
- Academic or other experience (such as writing or editing a student publication) will also be considered.
- Proficient using Adobe PDF and MS Office applications: Word (including the Track Changes and comments functions), PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel.
- Demonstrated, strong editing skills required, including proofreading, editing, spelling, grammar, and format checking. An editing test will be administered.
- Familiarity with the American Psychological Association (APA), Chicago, and Government Publishing Office (GPO) editorial styles preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional writing and editorial experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of 508 compliance and its purpose, and familiarity with designing documents to facilitate accessibility.
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Should be able to work quickly, accurately, and collaboratively to meet stringent deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible, multitask, prioritize, and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to work with a variety of staff as part of a virtual team.
- Excellent verbal, oral, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Remote Office (MD99)