Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Public Assistance Insurance SME Lead - Florida
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
At ICF we make BIG things happen. Let’s work together to help Hurricane victims and communities recover and re-build for future resilience. ICF’s growing Disaster Management division is assembling an outstanding team equipped to offer expert advisory services, bringing the strength of past performance and a hand’s on integrated multidisciplinary approach. Join the ICF team and help make a difference.
The Disaster Management division works with government agencies and communities to design and implement policies and programs to promote increased resilience to disasters and to promote long-term recovery in housing, economic revitalization, and infrastructure after disaster strikes. Our functional expertise is in program management, technical assistance, training, performance measurement and evaluation, website development, and adult learning. Clients include HUD, HHS, and USDA among others. We often work in close collaboration with ICF experts across the firm on issues related to energy efficiency and green building, infrastructure, disaster planning and recovery, financial literacy, job training, and others. All our work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals pursue their passions and generate results.
The Public Assistance Insurance Subject Matter Expert (SME) will provide oversight and leadership for the Insurance Team. Serve as the primary advisor to the Insurance Division Manager, assisting with PA Program delivery, project worksheet analysis of insurance application/reductions and operational details. Educate applicants and other relevant stakeholders on FEMA Recovery as it relates to insurance requirements in accordance with the Stafford Act. Manage, organize and set priorities for Insurance Team. Provide oversight to ensure quality, completeness and on-time delivery of assigned tasks. Monitor workloads and job assignments. Track key metrics. Provide reports to management.
- Demonstrated experience with Federal and State Recovery Programs and Initiatives, Public Assistance and its implementing regulations
- Demonstrated insurance expertise, including knowledge of property coverage
- Knowledge and skill in applying analytical and evaluative techniques to the identification, consideration, and resolution of a wide variety of administration issues and problems
- Significant experience addressing strategic issues in disaster recovery operations including issues that have complex political and programmatic elements
- Significant experience addressing FEMA Public Assistance policy and guidance technical issues in regard to current law and regulations.
- Review FEMA insurance reductions applied and provide expert oversight to the Insurance Team.
- Educate applicants and relevant stakeholders on FEMA’s Recovery regulations related to insurance.
- Coordinate and participate in resolution of project related issues and concerns.
- Optimize procedures and maintain communication and focus.
- Maintain and track each case as required from PA Liaisons in project report management information system.
- Measure performance with key metrics.
- Keep management team informed on issues, problems & resolutions.
- Superior customer service skill set, ability to listen, facilitate and negotiate problems.
- Expertise in area in which you are assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Strong analytical skills, Bachelor’s Degree preferred, however experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in insurance, specifically related to disaster recovery and the application of the Federal Public Assistance Program Delivery
- Prior management experience is necessary.
- Strong organization skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Knowledge of smartphone apps, MS Office, Data Information System & Time Management Skills
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Florida Remote Office (FL99)