Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Network Research Developer
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is currently seeking an ambitious Network Research Developer. As a Network Research Developer you will be responsible for the design, development, and documentation of software code under the supervision of a senior developer to support network science research. You will be tasked with extending the current capabilities of the organization by leveraging code developed from various sources including code developed internally, by collaborators of the organization, and from the Open Source community. You will explore novel approaches to advancing the current software development process to answer research questions. Research developers will contribute to the visualization of results for the transition of knowledge to the team members, and collaborators by presentation, documentation, and example. Responsibilities will include the documentation of experimental procedures, and results which may be used in briefings and published papers.
- Development of APIs, web applications, and visualizations,
- Tests, and debugs new software or enhancements to existing software
- Fabrication, and programming of networked hardware, and sensors
- Contribute to teams involved in the design, and development of IoT experimentation
- Design and print 3D models
- Create documentation to support transition of knowledge
- Participate in presentations and briefings
- 2 years' software development, IoT solutions, and web development experience
- Bachelors degree in IT, Computer Science or a related program
- Knowledge and understanding of network protocols, network devices, and network communications
- Knowledge and understanding of multiple operating systems including Linux/UNIX, Windows, and OSX
- Demonstrated ability to document processes
Active DoD security clearance
- Experience using integrated development environment (IDE) such as Eclipse, or Arduino IDE
- Experience using network analysis tools such as TCPDUMP, Nmap, or WireShark.
- Experience developing solutions utilizing Raspberry Pi, Arduino, and Zigbee devices
- An understanding of DOD information assurance policy and regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with various clients, explain and elaborate on technical details
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Maryland Client Office (MD88)