Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Drone Pilot - Damage Inspector
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF seeks a Drone Pilot Damage Inspector to support our growing efforts in Puerto Rico. This position is full-time and based at ICF’s Guaynabo office with travel throughout the island.
This will be an extremely fast-paced project and while the work will be hard, the rewards will be great as we do our part to help rebuild Puerto Rico. This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and dedicated team that delivers results and helps make BIG things possible.
- Travel to assigned cases to conduct field evaluations for damage caused by Hurricanes Irma & Maria.
- Identify, document and video/photograph damages or loss of verifiable damage via Drone operations with an FAA Commercial license.
- Complete required forms as directed. Identify possible mitigation measures and collect documentation.
- Coordinate with FEMA field personnel as needed. Provide additional information upon request.
- Will report to a Drone Ops Manager and gain some exposure to complex tasks within the job function.
- Provide all necessary documentation to cost estimators. Occasionally directed in several aspects of the work.
- Document (photograph/video via drone operation) damage and upload/input into database.
- Coordinate and participate in case/sector meetings.
- Follow policies and procedures and maintain communication and focus.
- Maintain and track caseload and track in management information system.
- Keep Drone Ops Manager informed on issues, problems & resolutions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degrees preferred, however experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Valid FAA commercial drone license or willing and must be interested in obtaining a commercial drone license
- knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Experience with drone software (DroneDeploy, Pix 4D, ARC GIS or GIS software) or skills and interest to learn how to use various commercial drone software
- Have the analytical skills for the development and use of drone software generated reports
- Bilingual - Spanish and English preferred.
- Must have the physical ability to walk distances, carry 10 to 20 pounds, climb steps, work in rough and uneven terrain, work in construction zones, damaged areas with walking hazards.
- Willing to travel throughout the island
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record
- Prior experience with FEMA
- Engineering or insurance adjuster experience preferred
- Background or basic understanding of construction which could include home inspection or other building/construction related positions such as code inspector, insurance inspector and residential/commercial building experience preferred.
- Superior customer service skill set, ability to listen, facilitate and negotiate problems.
- Strong organization skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Puerto Rico (PR01)