Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
This is a cross functional position with significant responsibility and opportunity to shape the future direction of our team. The selected candidate will join our growing team of analytics experts. This position will be part of a small analytical team working on quantitative software products and services so experience working in a product development environment is desired. Successful candidates will be very analytical and detail-oriented to ensure a stable, repeatable, and accurate production data stream. Successful candidates will also enjoy a highly independent work environment where they can take a high level of ownership of their accomplishments.
What will you be doing?
- Create and maintain an optimal data pipeline architecture that include data ingestion, processing and storage with a focus on consistency, reliability, and accuracy
- Design and code workflows and optimize production data pipelines to ensure data accuracy
- Perform hands on data analysis to provide insights and uncover potential data issues
- Map data feeds and combine them with third party content along with necessary data standardization
- Develop and code operational processes to automatically report on data quality conditions and KPIs during processing
- Be a part of fast moving development teams using agile methodologies
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
What you need to know and bring?
- 5+ years of ETL and database solution development supporting data integration, data warehousing, data lake and analytic pipelines
- 2+ years of experience working within modern data architecture setup involving AWS or Azure and big data tools like Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka etc
- Strong Analytical and reasoning skills that result in clear, robust, and accurate solutionsStrong data debugging skills
- 5+ years of experience working within the full lifecycle SDLC as part of a software product and operations team environment
- Strong experience developing SQL scripts, data processing processes, and performance tuning quantitative queries
- Superior organizational and end to end delivery skills in an Agile environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and shifting priorities with proactive communication in mind
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with development and business teams based on a proactive communication style
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
What would be also be really helpful to know/have?
- Experience with ETL tools like Talend, Pentaho etc
- Experience with scripting Shell, Python, Java
- Ability to work in a distributed team environment
- Experience working on quantitative software products
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, oral, and phone communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed to solve complex technical problems
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Builds and maintains relationships with stakeholders to ensure buy-in and adoption of technology solutions
- Self-motivated to continuously improve technical and professional skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting services company with over 5,000 specialized experts, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future. Learn more at icf.com.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
DC Client Office (DC88)