Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
CDBG-DR Document Management and Audit Compliance Specialist
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the
globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Interested in joining our growing team of Disaster Recovery experts in Harris County as a Document Management and Audit Compliance Specialist?
This position is responsible for designing and managing a document management system related to delivery of housing recovery assistance programs in Harris County following Hurricane Harvey and coordinating document access in connection with audit activity. This position may work with a Management Information Systems professional as needed during the program lifecycle.
• Work as part of a team providing application intake and processing support for disaster-related housing recovery programs
• Design a document management system, naming conventions, and protocols for handling Personally Identifiable Information for housing recovery case files.
• Support staff training on proper handling of documents and use of document management system.
• Maintain awareness and respond to evolving program and user needs that impact the control or distribution of information on the program.
• Develop and enforce standards to ensure case documentation meets all program compliance standards.
• Perform assessments to identify and address process gaps, recommend best practices in document management.
• Provide Quality Assurance/Control (QA/C) audits of the hardcopy Document Control files and the electronic Document Control files.
• Provide regular reports to program management and Harris County
• Coordinate access to documents to support Quality Assurance/Control activity, fraud prevention and detection, and access to documents in support of program monitoring and auditing performed by Harris County, the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), and other entities.
• Oversee preparation for monitoring and auditing to identify and locate missing documentation.• Assist with overseeing continuous process improvement for the program.
Qualifications / Skills
• College degree in a related field
• 3+ years of experience in related roles during which capability has been clearly demonstrated.
• Experience with HUD Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) programs, including Disaster Recovery (DR), desired but not required
• Familiarity with federal disaster recovery programs desired but not required
• Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel), ability to learn new software and database/management information systems.
• Experience with Adobe Acrobat is required• Demonstrated experience with routine document control hardware and software, such as scanners, optical character recognition
• Strong organizational and analytical skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with attention and focus to detail.
• Superior written and verbal communications skills.
• Creative problem-solver with ability to come up with outside-of-the-box solutions.
• Comfortable working in challenging and fast-paced environment with minimal oversight
• Ability to work calmly and proficiently under pressure, exercising independent judgment while effectively prioritizing and executing tasks
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to maintain working relationships with colleagues, client staff, state officials, partner government agencies, and all other internal and external workforces at all levels with utmost professionalism.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Texas Remote Office (TX99)