Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Field Engineers- 404 Hazard Mitigation
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF seeks Field Engineers for Disaster Recovery work. This position is full time and based at ICF’s offices in Puerto Rico. This will be an extremely fast-paced project and while the work will be hard, the rewards will be great as we do our part to help rebuild Puerto Rico.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and dedicated team that delivers results and helps make BIG things possible. This position is based out of our Puerto Rico office and fluency in Spanish and English is an essential requirement. Preference will be given to local Puerto Rico applicants or those wishing to move back to Puerto Rico with current knowledge of local regulations.
The Field Engineer will travel to assigned cases to conduct field evaluations for damage caused by Hurricane Maria. Identify, document and photograph damages or loss of verifiable damage. Complete required forms as directed. Identify possible mitigation measures and collect documentation. Coordinate with FEMA field personnel as needed. Provide additional information upon request. Will report to a Project Lead and gain some exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. Provide all necessary documentation to cost estimators. Occasionally directed in several aspects of the work.
- Document damage and input into database.
- Coordinate and participate in case meetings.
- Follow procedures and maintain communication and focus.
- Maintain and track caseload and track in management information system.
- Keep Project Lead informed on issues, problems & resolutions.
- Superior customer service skill set, ability to listen, facilitate and negotiate problems.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 2+ years of experience working as a Field Engineer
- Strong analytical skills, Bachelor Degree preferred, however experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Knowledge in one of the fields (construction, mechanical, structural/civil, electrical and architectural) is preferred.
- Prior experience FEMA preferred.
- Strong organization skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Background check including driver’s license must be satisfied.
-FEMA 404 Hazard Mitigation experience
- Expertise of smartphone apps, MS Office, Data Information System & Time Management Skills.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
For a listing of other career opportunities at ICF, please visit our Career Center at www.icfi.com/careers
Puerto Rico (PR02)