Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Cybersecurity Operations Manager
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
Join our team of cyber pioneers with expertise and decades of experience defending and protecting some of the nation’s most valuable resources—ICF. Through implementation of effective cybersecurity solutions, ICF supports security awareness, readiness, resilience and response to cyber incidents. Our extensive customer base has benefited from the leading-edge work our Security Engineers and Data Scientists perform in maintaining and advancing situational awareness of the current cyber threat landscape.
ICF is currently seeking an ambitious Cybersecurity Operations Manager to lead our Network Defense team. The successful candidate will provide support for DoD customers leading teams of Network Defenders and Watch Officers. The ideal candidate will execute mission requirements, personnel requirement tracking, perform network analysis, trend analysis, threat detection, vulnerability information dissemination and DoD Cybersecurity Service Provider (CSSP) methodologies to operations.
This positions requires the candidate to have analytical skills, strong self-motivation, detail-oriented and data driven, with a drive for meeting our commitments to the DoD customer.
- Assist as needed with active monitoring of the intrusion detection system for reportable incidents and provide triage recommendations for reports generated
- Be able to create technically detailed reports based on intrusions and events
- Analyze and evaluate anomalous network traffic and system activity for potential intrusions
- Assist in troubleshooting and problem solving a wide variety of client issues
- Be the point person for technical knowledge of current alerting tools and detection mechanism
- Train new analyst to include hands on analysis, tools and infrastructure overview as well as practical knowledge
- Listen to team member’s feedback and work to resolve any issues or conflicts
- Conduct interviews and onboard new employees
- Manage teams that are geographically dispersed
- Track overall team training compliances and accesses
- Motivate team members and create an open communication culture
- Provide leadership, mentoring and coordination to team, to include latest information security practices, techniques, capabilities, and conduct/promote knowledge sharing within the team
- Monitor and enforce Service Level Agreements (SLAs) set by DoD policy and other appropriate regulations applied
- Update or provide recommendations on teams Standard Operating Procedures, as needed
- Maintain current knowledge of tools and best-practices in techniques, and procedures of attackers; in relation to incident response..
- 5 years' experience leading/supervising technical teams
- 8 years' relevant IT experience
- 2 years' relevant cybersecurity/network defense experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information, Technology, Cybersecurity or related program
- Understanding of current threats and trends in the Information Security and Technology Field
- Experience with security tools (firewalls, IDS, IPS, SIEMs, proxies, VPNs)
- Ability to demonstrate strong knowledge of computer security concepts and applications
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skill with the ability to train others
- Demonstrated effective teamwork and leadership skills with the ability to get along with colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent customer service skills
- Active DoD Clearance with the ability to obtain TS/SCI
- DoD 8570 Certification IAT II, or ability to obtain prior to starting (Security + CE, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, SSCP)
- DoD 8570 Certification CSSP Analyst (CND-A), or ability to obtain prior to starting (CEH, CFR, CySA+, GCIA, GCIH, GICSP, SCYBER)
- 3+ years of operations background, including work prioritization and planning
- Experience using network security analysis tools such as Snort, TCPDUMP, WireShark, Splunk, Elastic Search - Log Stash - Kibana (ELK) and other host or network based intrusion detection systems and tools
- Experience with the CJCSM 6510 Cyber Incident Handling Program tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs)
- Ability to read and interpret PCAP Data
- Cloud technology experience
- Knowledge of Linux/UNIX and Windows OS Security
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Provide elaborate technical details and communicate effectively with various clients
- Previous experience leading or working in a Security Operations Center (SOC), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT)
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
Pay Transparency Statement: For more information, please click here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Maryland Client Office (MD88)