Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
We are looking for a dynamic Project Manager with a consulting background who has a keen ability to improve overall project operations. The Project Manager will act as a key liaison between client representatives and our internal teams from inception of project through final execution phases. You will be client facing and will be helping to build long term relationships with the customer and contribute to the development of their strategic business plans by understanding the future direction of their organization, the industry, and the customer's business. The Project Manager will be working on a large program involving national security.
***location Fairfax, Va
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop long-term partnerships with customers and contribute to the development of their strategic business plans by understanding the future direction of their organization, the industry, and the customer's business.
- Develop working relationships with staff to facilitate the timely delivery of excellent quality work products while maintaining the project budget and schedule.
- Work closely with the stakeholder groups to translate business use cases to specific solution architecture design, including assisting with planning the implementation timelines and then looping back to address subsequent questions and confirming implementation guidelines are followed.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline)
- Able to obtain a security clearance
- 8 years of direct work experience in project or program management overseeing delivery of large IT projects.
- Competent understanding of project management methodology including the ability to manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, and run team meetings
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodology
- Basic understanding of Big Data Systems a plus
- Solid understanding of the software development cycle paired with an ability to define/document business processes and software requirements for technology initiatives
- Business research knowhow and other quantitative/qualitative methods
- DHS suitability
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Pay Transparency Statement: For more information, please click here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf
For a listing of other career opportunities at ICF, please visit our Career Center at www.icfi.com/careers
Virginia Client Office (VA88)