Be on Alert – Fraudulent Employment Offers. Learn More
Quality Research Analyst
ICF is currently seeking a Quality Research Analyst excited about and skilled in data analysis, data visualization and data storytelling. As an Analyst, you will apply your academic knowledge and work experience to support evaluation and continuous quality improvement (CQI) on a national technical assistance project in a federal consulting environment. The goal of the project is to support and enable legal representation to eligible arriving Afghans across the country and to expand the legal community’s skills and capacity to provide immigration legal support. Quality Analysts are involved in development of data collection instruments, data infrastructure and systems, web-based intercept surveys, interviews/focus groups, data visualization, data storytelling, dashboards and report writing to support regular use of data and continuous quality improvement.
The position is full-time and remote.
The Analyst will be responsible for the collection, management and analysis of data including working to make data more accessible to users, development of dashboards and reports, development of data stories and visualization, and collection of data through surveys, focus groups, interviews, and administrative data management. Analysts will immediately assume active roles on project teams and will quickly gain responsibility commensurate with their success in the position. Candidates must be able to work on projects that include multiple tasks with competing deadlines, be well-versed in research/evaluation strategies, methodologies and analytic approaches, be able to maintain positive relationships with clients and colleagues, and play an integral role in proposal development.
Areas of responsibility may include:
- Supporting quality assurance tasks, particularly designing internal evaluation of services, building data infrastructure, data management and analysis, and data storytelling/visualization.
- Creating custom reports and data visualizations and supporting regular staff use of data for quality assurance and continuous quality improvement
- Data-driven storytelling built using enhanced data presentation and data visualization techniques
- Maintaining and rapidly producing regular reporting deliverables as well as user-friendly reports/presentations for a variety of audiences
- Partnering with teams to define key performance indicators, business intelligence and data reporting requirements
- Analyzing and synthesizing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Contribute to Continuous Quality Improvement
- Monitor and report progress in terms of activities, outputs/deliverables and outcomes
- Assisting with or conducting interviews and focus groups, including management of recruitment, logistics, note-taking, and reporting.
- Developing literature reviews and writing research briefs
- Conducting occasional observations or visits to locations nationwide.
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Public Policy, Social Science, or related discipline required.
- 5+ years of experience conducting qualitative and/or quantitative data collection, research analysis, or evaluation
- Master’s degree in data science, social work, psychology, justice, or other social science related subject.
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Experience using a statistical package such as SPSS, SAS, STATA, or R
- Experience developing on-line surveys and using software such as Qualtrics
- Experience conducting qualitative analysis using software such as Dedoose, NVivo, or Atlas.ti
- Experience applying analytic skills in a working environment (such as merging, cleaning, manipulating datasets)
- Prior work experience in a consulting environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Solid team builder and team player with proven ability to manage competing priorities, perspectives and stakeholder needs.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain high-quality results in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal, oral, interpersonal and written communication skills, including experience with developing and delivering presentations and technical writing
- Demonstrated experience in data visualization and data storytelling techniques and principles, including use of software such as Tableau, PowerBI, or Excel
- Demonstrated experience in producing high-quality, professionally written products is required.
- Demonstrated experience taking responsibility and ownership of project tasks
- Strong interest and/or experience in related topics such as refugee, immigrant, and asylee challenges; child welfare; capacity building; technical assistance; culturally responsive evaluation; participatory evaluation; implementation science and/or continuous quality improvement (CQI)
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final pay for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The pay range for this position is
$66,658.00 - $113,319.00
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)